Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surveillance Cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 03:26 PM
George_ORH
1st Gear Member

http://youtu.be/SeuLPH9An34
Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Avery0001
I just walked out to my car today to see that someone threw a burrito at it, I was really mad but then I just randomly started laughing.
This cracked me up!

We're unfortunate to have things thrown at our car, but think about OP's situation for a minute and picture it clearly. Someone actually took the time to run over to his car, open up the peanut butter, stick a knife into it, and slowly start smearing peanut butter onto the door handle lmao! That thought alone cracks me up!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Try Q-See model no QR404

System comes with 4 night vision cameras, software motion detection, DVR, and automatic upload to cell phone or online storage. Can set 'em to be motion only, timed, quite a few options.

Run it through your router and port forward....you'll be able to watch/record on your PC in addition to the DVR/internet upload.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
Wow, you really get ****ed with a lot. What are you doing to get your car ****ed with so bad?

when do you think they could be doing this?
I got to a high school dominated by ricers and rednecks. We also have some trouble maker anarchists and meth heads there that are known to do thinks like punch holes in bathroom walls. This does happen a lot. I'm going to save up, get a touch alarm, and put video surveillance stickers on the windows. Last year of high school, thank God... I'm also only at school for 3 hours/day now, so LESS chance for them to screw with it. It had to have happened between 7:30 and 10:45.

I guess I could have it worse. Girl I used to know totalled her father's 2011 BMW, a 2009 Mercedes, and damaged an old Chevy Silverado all in the same accident. She was doing 30-40 in a 25 zone, texting, and didn't notice the cars in front of her stopped. Injuries were only minor, thankfully, which is why I laughed when I heard it because all 3 people used to push me around in middle school.

Last edited by Young_Gun; 08-28-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
Hide in the bushes with a Barrett .50 cal. That'll teach them
I approve.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Well, someone has been screwing with my car lately (peanut butter on door handles, that kind of stupid crap),
Is it peanut butter on your door handles, or is it that kind of crap?

I think you're getting ****ed with a lot. I wonder how you park your car, how loud your radio is in your neighborhood, or if your car's exhaust system is too loud for some people. Because, you are pissing someone off.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
Is it peanut butter on your door handles, or is it that kind of crap?

I think you're getting ****ed with a lot. I wonder how you park your car, how loud your radio is in your neighborhood, or if your car's exhaust system is too loud for some people. Because, you are pissing someone off.
I literally haven't turned my radio on since May. I need to rewire my head unit, because some stripped wiring causes my subwoofers to cut in and out. Haven't had the time to fix it.

I'm pissing off most of the demographic at the school I go to by virtue of my own existence. I'm clean cut, well dressed, I drive a nice car, I get good grades, and I don't do drugs. Pretty much everything they stand against. I'm actually writing a book about the difference in demographic between one side of the city and the other.

The fact that my father is in the news a lot (local politician), and that everyone knows (and likes) him, and that my family name is known for business, doesn't help. It breaks down like this. On the East and West sides of town, I have tons of friends. On the South side of town, I'm in enemy territory. North side is no mans land, but it leans my way.

Its typical high school stuff.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:20 AM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

The setup / optics / illumination are critical for a camera to be a useful tool.

Many times a camera is set to observe an area, permitting a figure to be observed.

The camera system instead needs to be setup to record individual identification, meaning camera placement is critical, optical zoom setting is critical and IR illumination placement is critical. All of this requires lots of planning, effort and some cost.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Avery0001
I just walked out to my car today to see that someone threw a burrito at it, I was really mad but then I just randomly started laughing.
LOL, reminds me of the slice of pizza on the windshield and pizza box. It was only funny since it was on the old beater truck.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I literally haven't turned my radio on since May. I need to rewire my head unit, because some stripped wiring causes my subwoofers to cut in and out. Haven't had the time to fix it.

I'm pissing off most of the demographic at the school I go to by virtue of my own existence. I'm clean cut, well dressed, I drive a nice car, I get good grades, and I don't do drugs. Pretty much everything they stand against. I'm actually writing a book about the difference in demographic between one side of the city and the other.

The fact that my father is in the news a lot (local politician), and that everyone knows (and likes) him, and that my family name is known for business, doesn't help. It breaks down like this. On the East and West sides of town, I have tons of friends. On the South side of town, I'm in enemy territory. North side is no mans land, but it leans my way.

Its typical high school stuff.
Hey sounds like you're a good kid. But check it out. Your "good kid" image is what's getting you f-d with. There's nothing wrong at all with being who you are, but if you go over to the other side and are cocky about it in the wrong hood, peanut butter on your door handles is the least of your worries. Go ahead and pour gas on that fire too with writing a book about the haves and the have nots. You've made it crystal clear you're better than anyone else in that high school while you are riding on Daddy's coat tails.

It sounds like you're fully engaged in the "typical high school stuff" so good luck on this not escalating. Sounds like you need more of a lesson in humility than you need a camera system.

Quick Reply: Surveillance Cameras?