Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surveillance Cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

It sounds like you're fully engaged in the "typical high school stuff" so good luck on this not escalating. Sounds like you need more of a lesson in humility than you need a camera system.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like the work of a pissed of chick. Someone just screwing with you without doing any real damage to your car. Have you pissed off any girls recently?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Det.FrankBullitt
It sounds like you're fully engaged in the "typical high school stuff" so good luck on this not escalating. Sounds like you need more of a lesson in humility than you need a camera system.
It sounds like the work of a pissed of chick. Someone just screwing with you without doing any real damage to your car. Have you pissed off any girls recently?[/QUOTE]

Not gone out of my way to, but there are two girls that are semi obsessed with me, and one or both of them may have gone berserk when I started dating a girl that none of them knew...

I'm going out and getting that locking gas cap tonight. If the rednecks have anything to do with this, sugar will be their next step. Then again, I get along with the rednecks. Alarm system might be next week. Depends on how much money I make on this fencing job...

The most likely culprit is this kid that I used to help out with school and bullies. He finally got a life (with my help, I might add), then turned psychojerk. Or one of those girls. Either way, I've alerted the security to what happened and they said they'd keep an eye out. The head security guy is a Mustang enthusiast
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 AM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
To be honest, you're either pissing off the wrong people
Honestly, it's probably just ******** who are jealous of a nice car. I have the same **** happen to me a lot.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Honestly, it's probably just ******** who are jealous of a nice car. I have the same **** happen to me a lot.
It's certainly possible, which is why it's rarely a good idea to drive a nice car to high school. Our high school wasn't tiny, but wasn't huge either. I got along with pretty much everyone, and they knew what I drove, and as a result of those good relationships, people never messed with my truck.

Yes, some people will be dicks just to be dicks, but more often than not, people are targeting the driver and not the car.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 AM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

typical high school ****? your being a ***** about this man. people are gunna brag about what they did to your car and they are going to find out. everything thinks your just the rich kid with an attitude, which it seems like you are, and take offense to that. Find out whoever did it and go fight him. I got my car keyed in high school and i found out who it was and worked the kid over pretty well. no one touched my car after that.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Can anyone recommend a good camera system, and maybe a good security system.
Head to your local sporting goods store and buy a 'trail camera'.

Motion activated, battery powered, with low light video or stills. A decent one can be had for under $150.

Hide it somewhere and let it do it's job.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by surfbum7190
typical high school ****? your being a ***** about this man. people are gunna brag about what they did to your car and they are going to find out. everything thinks your just the rich kid with an attitude, which it seems like you are, and take offense to that. Find out whoever did it and go fight him. I got my car keyed in high school and i found out who it was and worked the kid over pretty well. no one touched my car after that.

This will do nothing but get you in trouble and cause more damage to your car. It can also get you expelled and reveal great long-term career opportunities in Fast Food. Fight for things worth fighting for. Peanut Butter on a door handle is not worthy. Next time it happens and people are watching, reach in your car, pull out a slice of wonderbread, grab some of that peanut butter, thank the crowd, and drive off calmly. Be a boss.

Last edited by siggyfreud; 08-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud

This will do nothing but get you in trouble and cause more damage to your car. It can also get you expelled and reveal great long-term career opportunities in Fast Food. Fight for things worth fighting for. Peanut Butter on a door handle is not worthy. Next time it happens and people are watching, reach in your car, pull out a slice of wonderbread, grab some of that peanut butter, thank the crowd, and drive off calmly. Be a boss.

No, it really would not jeopardize any career options. I just couldnt imagine being disrespected, run home, and right in my book about what a good kid I am. People fight all the time and i find nothing wrong with it
Old 08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

A ggod system will run you thousands of dollars.
If you want cheap, search DSR2000 on eBay
for a cheap but effective single channel GE/KALTEL DVR.
And LTC Phillips Day/Night cams cant be beat for the
price on eBay.

WaveReader is available for the above DVR so it
can be viewed from and Internet Explorer
equipped PC.

Originally Posted by Meester_Vapor
Try Q-See model no QR404
System comes with 4 night vision cameras, software motion detection, DVR, and automatic upload to cell phone or online storage. Can set 'em to be motion only, timed, quite a few options.
Run it through your router and port forward....you'll be able to watch/record on your PC in addition to the DVR/internet upload.
Q-See is pure China junk.
Low res camera that perform
no duty in a hi-res CCTV system.
If it dont record it in a high enough
resolution, you are left with worthless
video and a lighter wallet with nothing
to show for it.

Originally Posted by AzPete
Sleep in the car......run a hot wire from the battery to the door handle with the ground under their feet....then look for those with burnt hands.
12VDC is not enough voltage to cause 'burns'.

Try an electric fence charger as the body of the vehicle
is isolated from ground by the rubber tires.
This will also keep dogs from pissing on your rims. Hee Hee.

OR:
Try dust thats only visable under a blacklight.
Pour this liberally on the ground by your car door.
Follow it directly back to the culprits house with
the aid of darkness and a blacklight..
Attached Thumbnails Surveillance Cameras?-screenshotsmall.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 08-29-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Amazon Amazon

http://www.homespy.com/HSSC-220_Micro_Ball_Camera.htm

Last edited by Roy_R; 08-29-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Surveillance Cameras?