Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over 18 times in 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM
07grabber4.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I agree. People like to think they're being unfairly targeted due to the car, but more often than not it's the habits and behavior of the driver that a cop picks up. Despite what some may think, must officers are pretty well trained and in tune with what to look for. I drove a bright red, loud, supercharged stang to work everyday for a year, 30+ miles each way, am young (was 24ish at the time) and never got pulled over.

Being a good driver isn't just about your ability to control a car in a slide. It's also about being respectful and not driving like a jackwagon. Most everyone thinks they're a good driver. The best drivers are the ones that either ARE in fact great drivers, or the ones that are bad drivers and readily acknowledge their limitations. The true dangers are those bad drivers who think they're good.
Man i agree with you 100% and back in the day i used to be terrible. Burning rubber at lights, gunning it at stop signs. Drifting around turns. It was bad and im 100% with you on that. But me and a friend got busted for racing at like 3 am the very first day of 2012. And ever since then i learned to mature up and control myself. I rarely go 10 over anymore and im very cautious of a driver. This is my first car and ive had it since i turned 18 and i havnt put a scratch or dent in it. Went through a few sets of tires but thats it. And i know when i touch lines which i rarely do. Everyone does it at least once in a while. Im just saying if my tires touch the line for a split second, not even crossing over then its pretty stupid reason to pull me over. And i dont swerve at all, i drive an auto so there isnt really any reason to be swerving with both hands on the wheel. All my DUI test were given to me at past 12 am. Yeah a cop is going to pull over a bright orange mustang at 1 in the morning to see whats up. Other then that i think im a much better driver "now-a-days" then i was in the past. Im not saying im the best driver and that im perfect and shouldnt be getting pulled over. But i know for a fact im better then most of these people that live in georgia! Over half of the drivers in georgia only know how to fill up a car with gas and use the pedals. Anyways everyone has a opinion and im not saying you are wrong and im right. It is what it is. Everyone has there bad unlucky years and this one obviously was mine.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
07grabber4.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Lol, Alpharetta kind of answers your questions.. If you don't drive a Range Rover, BMW, Mercedez, or Porsche.. you don't belong there, ha
That is so true. When i used to live in Cumming i knew all the cops and they told me personally they love my car and know that im a good guy and that they wouldnt pull me over there ever unless im being a idiot doing like 20 over. Its good to be close to them so you dont have to sweat the small stuff
Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

less flash more class! usually they leave you alone thats my experience ignorance gets you caught up.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:15 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

I don't buy it's the color...i owned a Grabber GT for 3 yrs and never got pulled over..i've ran with 40+ other Grabbers in a line on I-70 to Harrisburg w/o an incident (talk about "grabbing" attention).

It may be the overall look of the car that says, if it looks like trouble, and smells like trouble, then i must be trouble!
I know the city i lived in ohio, they would nitpick every little thing. They didn't care about the fact you were missing a front plate, thats small potatoes...what they DID care about was runnign your plates to find SOMETHING else (use the small fry to catch the big fish). Hell...one day they were standing in the road handing out "Buckle Up!" reminders. It wasn't a reminder, it was an excuse to look in your car to see if you were wearing it!

No disrespect to any LEO's reading this thread, i know you are doing your job...just that this city was too devious in what they were trying to enforce or get away with.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Yep, just recently, the truck in front of me was speeding much faster than I was. But because my supercharger was kicking in and letting out the whine, I was the one that got pulled over and got the ticket...even though he was going faster.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
07grabber4.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
I don't buy it's the color...i owned a Grabber GT for 3 yrs and never got pulled over..i've ran with 40+ other Grabbers in a line on I-70 to Harrisburg w/o an incident (talk about "grabbing" attention).

It may be the overall look of the car that says, if it looks like trouble, and smells like trouble, then i must be trouble!
I know the city i lived in ohio, they would nitpick every little thing. They didn't care about the fact you were missing a front plate, thats small potatoes...what they DID care about was runnign your plates to find SOMETHING else (use the small fry to catch the big fish). Hell...one day they were standing in the road handing out "Buckle Up!" reminders. It wasn't a reminder, it was an excuse to look in your car to see if you were wearing it!

No disrespect to any LEO's reading this thread, i know you are doing your job...just that this city was too devious in what they were trying to enforce or get away with.
Your also prolly a lot older Looking then I am haha
Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 PM
SpeedyG197

They leave me alone for the most part, but I never romp on my car in the city and its always clean. Mostly ricers out here that get pulled over.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by 07grabber4.0
Your also prolly a lot older Looking then I am haha
I saw a pic of your car in another thread, it could easily be your tinted tail lights. You have a good looking car. Sig pic doesn't do it justice, IMO.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
07grabber4.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I saw a pic of your car in another thread, it could easily be your tinted tail lights. You have a good looking car. Sig pic doesn't do it justice, IMO.
Thanks haha. Is this one better?

Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 AM
notanexit7

If you can't beat em...join em. I got tired of being stopped..so I went to the academy. In all seriousness though, in NC I'd be stopping you for the red halos. I'm not gonna judge you on how you drive but in my experience, if your getting pulled over that much your doing something wrong. I can't tell you how many wrecks I've been to where the kid decided he was gonna pass a car at mach 2 and went head on with somebody..not a good day my friend. I drive a mustang and it is also loud and turns heads, but there is a time and place to be fast and furious and that's at the track. Keep it off the streets. Merging too soon is a big cause of accidents. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Pulled over 18 times in 2012