Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contemplating Purchase -- 2013 GT Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

I am 55 years old and have had mustangs all my life! A couple months ago I sold my 08 GT/CS and bought a 13 GT/CS (with a glass roof)......Im thoroughly impressed with 420 HP'S. This is my first with an automatic and I love it!
I have made it a project to get the mustang of my choice at the very rock bottom price....my 08 was new with a sticker of $32000 and I paid $27000..... the 13 had a sticker price of $42000 and I got it for $ 38000. Each time I got them on autotrader.com and talked by internet ONLY until I got down to the top 3 dealers I wanted to deal with because of their price. I saved thousands but I did have to rent a one way car to drive out of state to get it! The wife and I made it a long weekend and really enjoyed our new stang!!
BEWARE dealers have what they call a documentation fee .....DOC Fee. This is a total BS charge that they do not tell you about up front!!!! I agreed to a DOC Fee of $125......They wanted up to $700......It is TOTAL BS.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
JK 23112

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the comments in this thread.

Mayberry -- I live in VA....likely the home of the "documentation fee" where it has plagued auto buyers for years. In the past two decades, this amount has gone from $99 or $119 to as much as $299 to $599 in my area. One Ford dealer in my area tacks on $399 for a "processing fee" to all transactions. Their sign in the showroom admonishes us not to ask them to negotiate on this. Can you believe that crap? Oh, the chutzpah!

I know at least ONE Ford dealership (part of a chain that has a Toyota & GM franchise that do the same thing) that will never get my business because of this practice. There is one fFord dealership about 45 minutes away that brags about not charging any processing fee at all. I don't know if their pricing is fair, but they DEFINITELY will get a shot at earning my business.

You say that your sticker was 42k? Wow! Your Mustang must be loaded with everything. I just want to get a 2013 GT {base} with cloth seats, six-speed manual and the rear spoiler deleted. The car comes with enough standard features for my taste without any extra options. The MSRP sticker comes to just over 31k and I can get one via my credit union for $27,300 or so.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
JK 23112

To Crystal with Ford Customer Service:

THANK YOU! I shall be happy to do that if I do end up putting an order in for a Mustang GT. Not sure that is in the cards for me, but I appreciate the advice and offer of help.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by JK 23112

To Crystal with Ford Customer Service:

THANK YOU! I shall be happy to do that if I do end up putting an order in for a Mustang GT. Not sure that is in the cards for me, but I appreciate the advice and offer of help.
No problem, I'm always happy to help! Send me a PM if you ever have any questions.

Have a great day!
Crystal
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
plug72
1st Gear Member

Paid just at $31k for my 2013 GT. Premiums run around $42. Owned a premium for a whole 3 days till the check engine light came on with a whopping 270 miles on it. hahaha. Had it scanned and it showed 10 codes. Main code was random misfire #3 and 7 cylinder. #7 cylinder being permanent. Took it back to the dealership and threw a fit until they agreed to take it back. Asked them would you keep a brand new $38k car with a check engine light after owning it only 3 days? I was furious! Mitch (code3GT) said "glad they took it back otherwise sounds like you woulda drove that car thru their showroom glass." And he's right. Lol. Went to new dealership got another GT but basic this time with some premium extras like electric seats, steering controls and SYNC. Loooove it!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 PM
acctingman
1st Gear Member

To the OP

Obviously, prices will change due to location AND demand. I live in Seattle and the demand for 5.0's is pretty high (despite all the rain).

I got my 5.0, out the door, for $30123.00

Best $30k I've spent!

A nice down payment DOES help, a lot!

Good luck with your eventual purchase! She IS worth the wait imo!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I just picked up my gotta have it green GT Premium last week. It's an amazing car, very impressive handling for a mustang. All in all the car has exceeded all my expectations. The ability to adjust the stiffness of the steering wheel on the fly has to be one of my favorite options. The heavy clutch pretty much makes rolling back on a hill the thing of the past, the horse power it comes with from the factory is just amazing, cant wait till I get my new exhaust put on with the boss302 intake along with the airraid cold air intake. Just wish all this rainy weather in Seattle would stop so I can get some dry pavement.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM
tjace34
1st Gear Member

Bought my Race Red 2013 GT California Special......love it....had a 2011 gt 2008 gt the 2013 is great and looks great....
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Pricewise, shop around. I got my 2013 GT Premium Automatic for $35,100 out the door with taxes. Probably could have done better but this car had plenty to like about it. My druthers are if I would have just waited and ordered the same car but with the track pack but as a low cost garage queen I can take my time and order and install any performance parts I want when I want and not have to wait six months for the outstanding basic ride.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

I test drove a 13 yesterday. Wow, what an awesome ride. Much quieter than my 07 and better seats and ride. I really liked the adjustable head rests, finnally. I think it even had outside air temp, something my 07 does not.

Quick Reply: Contemplating Purchase -- 2013 GT Coupe