Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI Streetfighter Ratchet Shifter question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Also make sure you get a good working unit the first time. My first TCI shifter had this gear hanging issues going from 3rd to 2nd. It also stuck on "P" one day, and had to be removed, and sent to TCI for a replacement. My second one has been working flawlessly; hasn't gotten stuck on P yet, thankfully.

And my case was not an isolated event. I've read on different forums of the same stuck P issues happening to a few people.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info everyone will defiantly check all these things out.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
Yea, that clip is a pita to remove. I went ahead and ordered a replacement for the install, just in case I broke the original...which I did.lol

http://www.cjponyparts.com/automatic...2009/p/HW2788/

Scott's ride is a beast...one of my favorites on the MF.
Interior looks good bro!

Thanks, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Big changes over the winter as I am gathering the pieces for a Ford Racing Aluminator build. Almost have all of the parts and it will soon be time to get my hands dirty. All the components for the build are outlined in my Future Modifications section in my Garage.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

I was going to install my new shifter the other day and took it out of the box. My Girlfriends kid was going to "help" out. He grabbed the shifter and started playing around with it when I wasn't looking and some how was able to move it to Park. Is there any way to move it back to D for the install?

I didn't end up even trying to install it without some advice. I emailed TCI but with the holidays and all I am sure they are running on a skeleton crew. I thought I might be able to bolt it in depress the brake and then be able to move it to D and then finish the install just don't want to start something I can't finish.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

If you plug the wiring harness into the tci shifter it will enable you to press the brake and take it out of park during the install. No biggie, now get busy!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Mayo for the conformation.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Your gonna love it. Yeah be careful with the shifter cable linkage. Its takes some good pressure to unclick it but you wont to be careful not to break it. There is a youtube video on doing the install. Check it out for sure.

Scott..........your all gauged up there! Nice setup dude.
Thanks, Auto Meter NEXUS Series Gauges - Vacuum/Boost, Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temperature and Transmission Temperature in SOS Pods. And an AeroForce Single Scan Gauge for monitoring IAT and Fuel Pump Duty Cycle in a Roush Vent Pod. The Nexus gauges are really neat (but not cheap) as the wiring is simply done in a daisy-chain from gauge to gauge.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
Thanks, Auto Meter NEXUS Series Gauges - Vacuum/Boost, Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temperature and Transmission Temperature in SOS Pods. And an AeroForce Single Scan Gauge for monitoring IAT and Fuel Pump Duty Cycle in a Roush Vent Pod. The Nexus gauges are really neat (but not cheap) as the wiring is simply done in a daisy-chain from gauge to gauge.
Very nice setup....well done.

Dawg.......watch the youtube video on how to install, its listed in the how too section. Its a very simple and straightforward install.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Finally got it installed...just have to put the bezel back on and done.
Name:  IMG_20130106_100511_zps9380c59f.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  60.2 KB
Name:  IMG_20130106_100519_zpsc3ec9cde.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  76.8 KB

Ran into a couple of problems that made it take longer than it should have but worked through them logically and everything worked out.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Just my humble opinion here but I don't see where you guys think this shifter looks better than the OEM one. This one looks really out of place where the OEM one looked perfect but as long as you like it OP that's all that matters.

Matthew

Quick Reply: TCI Streetfighter Ratchet Shifter question