Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS/AdvanceTrak out

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

Default ABS/AdvanceTrak module went bad - Suggested Options?

My dash lit up last week with three lights and the message center message "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC". I took it into the dealer and had them take a look.

The ABS module is out and the cost for replacement is around $600 with labor and tax.

I have a 2010 GT and the 3/36 ran out last November.

The dealer has offered a bit of a discount,but I have to admit I'm greatly disappointed that I have to spend ~$500 on a part that shouldn't go bad. There are no moving parts and it's all electronic.

Anyone else have this go out on them? What did it cost you?

Anyone have any suggested course of action?

I believe some Ford reps peruse these threads. I'm interested to hear their take.

Last edited by Cardstang; 04-02-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Cardstang
My dash lit up last week with three lights and the message center message "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC". I took it into the dealer and had them take a look.

The ABS module is out and the cost for replacement is around $600 with labor and tax.

I have a 2010 GT and the 3/36 ran out last November.

The dealer has offered a bit of a discount,but I have to admit I'm greatly disappointed that I have to spend ~$500 on a part that shouldn't go bad. There are no moving parts and it's all electronic.
Hello Cardstang,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’m glad to learn your dealer is trying to help you out with this repair. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any assistance, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle.

Deysha
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello Cardstang,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’m glad to learn your dealer is trying to help you out with this repair. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any assistance, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha.

Tell me more about this Customer Satisfaction Program.

I'm certainly not satisfied about spending ~$500 to fix a part that went out on a car that is 39 months old and has less than 29K miles on it.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

There's a new ABS module on eBay for $225:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-Ford-Mustang-ABS-module-computer-AR33-2C405-BC-NEW-/310422834882?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2010%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item4846a48ec2&vxp=mtr
Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

Shouldn’t the car still be under warranty? If so, then the cost should be covered.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by petrock
Shouldn’t the car still be under warranty? If so, then the cost should be covered.
The module is not part of the drivetrain, therefore not covered under the powertrain warranty (5/60). My bumper to bumper (3/36) expired back in November.

It's scheduled to be fixed today.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Cardstang
Thanks Deysha.
Tell me more about this Customer Satisfaction Program.
I'm certainly not satisfied about spending ~$500 to fix a part that went out on a car that is 39 months old and has less than 29K miles on it.
I’m not sure if there is one, Cardstang. This is why I stated:
He can check into any assistance, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle.
Deysha
Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

I don't understand why Ford Customer Service would not know if there is a Customer Satisfaction Program that covers a specific problem. The standard answer for a lot of issues is to go to the dealer--not really all that helpful.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
I don't understand why Ford Customer Service would not know if there is a Customer Satisfaction Program that covers a specific problem. The standard answer for a lot of issues is to go to the dealer--not really all that helpful.
Yes. My brother used to work at a Dodge dealership in the late 90’s. “Bring it in” is their mantra, no matter what the problem is. By you physically going to the dealer (or any shop for that matter) there is a higher probability of you buying something. No point in wasting a trip, right? Plus a dealer lot with no people or other*activity in it looks bad to potential customers. Its a psychological thing.

But hey, don’t take it out on Deysha. She’s just doing her job by telling people to go to the dealer and paying for their overpriced rates & parts instead of fixing their cars themselves or taking the car to a cheaper mechanic. Just sayin’...
Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Art161
Originally Posted by petrock
Yes. My brother used to work at a Dodge dealership in the late 90’s. “Bring it in” is their mantra, no matter what the problem is. By you physically going to the dealer (or any shop for that matter) there is a higher probability of you buying something. No point in wasting a trip, right? Plus a dealer lot with no people or other*activity in it looks bad to potential customers. Its a psychological thing.

But hey, don’t take it out on Deysha.
Hi guys,

The reason behind this is (with me): I’m not a technician or an engineer and I’m not able to diagnose your actual concern to know if it matches a TSB for that model year. With your Ford dealer, your vehicle must be fully diagnosed and the concern duplicated in order for them to attempt any repairs on your vehicle. With the diagnosis, they can look up any TSBs, SMS, etc. that may apply to your vehicle. I hope this helps with your questions.

Deysha