Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed B326 Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpplaw
The engine now consists of:
·Brenspeed B326 Shortblock – 9.8:1 Compression
· SVT BOSS 5.0 Cleveland Iron Block – 3.700 bore
· CP Forged Pistons & Rings
· Manley Stroker Connecting Rods w/ARP 2000 Bolts
· Kellogg Forged 3.800 Stroke Crankshaft
· 2013 GT500 Oil Pump
· ATI Super Damper
·FRPP Stage 1 CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
· Comp Cams Beehive Valve Springs/Retainers
·Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Blower Grind Cams - .450 Lift
·Edelbrock E-Force TVS Supercharger/2.75” Pulley (14-15 PSI)
· 2013 GT500 Intercooler Pump
· AFCO Heat Exchanger w/ Dual 10” Spal Fans
· Brenspeed Dyno Tuned (street) – 93 Octane

Could have gotten even bigger numbers with Stage 3 heads, bigger cams and bigger injectors, but since this is my daily driver, we went conservative to preserve driveability.

The Torque is simply unbelievable, even when not in boost. The torque comes in low, right around 2k rpm, which is perfect when cruising (even in OD) and you need to pass a slowpoke or something. You do not even need to downshift or kick it down. It just pulls like a freight train.

Under boost, it is scary fast. She will break the tires loose at any speed. I really need some MT's.
When my car is not a daily driver I will be putting this engine and an edlebrock e-force in my car (hopefully within a year). Depending on the price I may keep the stock heads and cams, but hopefully I'll be able to afford pretty much the same build you did. If you don't mind me asking what was the final cost for everything? Also, I didn't read all of your sig and I'm too lazy to go back now, do you have a manual or auto? Is it the stock transmission? Stock rear end?

Whenever I do my build I'm already planning on beefing up the clutch because I'm sure the stock clutch will go quickly with that power. I am wondering how well the transmission and rear end will hold up though.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

She is an automatic. I replaced the input shaft with a Level 10 shaft. I also put in a Precision Industries 3200 rpm converter and run a PA deep pan and a JDM catch can.

You will definitely need to upgrade your clutch and you will have to replace your flywheel anyway(Kellogg crankshaft is 8 bolt, your stock is 6 bolt). Your rear should be fine unless you have done (or will do) alot of burn outs LOL.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpplaw
I did not mean to start a big debate about which engine builder is best. Just sharing my experience, which was great. Like I said, there may be other short blocks out there that may be just as good and/or cheaper. I have nothing against JDM, they build some good stuff and I have dealt with them before (and they are alot closer to me) - but there is no replacement for displacement, which is why I went with a 326.

I am totally satisfied with the B326 build, just as I have always been with everything I have gotten from Brenspeed. This was the first time I ever had them install anything, as I usually do it myself. But when it came down to installing basically a whole brand new engine, I just don't have the facilities anymore to do it (plus this is my daily driver and I can't have it down too long). Great customer service is rare these days, and Brenspeed has always delivered for me.
I think I'd turn that into my weekend warrior and get a econo box for the daily drive.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

LOL I can't even afford a beater now.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:48 AM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

Nice man. I'm hoping to do a 326 in my future. I just have to get the money together for it.