Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Tune Would You Recommend ?
BAMA ($149/unlimited tunes)
51.16%
Brenspeed ($95/1 or $145/3 tunes)
34.88%
CNL ($75/1 or $110/3 tunes)
6.98%
EvoPerform ($200/1 tune)
0%
Latemodelrestoration ($79/1 & unlimited adjustments)
0%
Other Tune (please specify which one in your answer)
2.33%
They all give roughly the same performances
4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Best Tune ? BAMA / Brenspeed / CNL / EvoPerform ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 02:30 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Brent at Brenspeed has done all of my tunes. My last tune was done at their facility when I swapped out for a fully built motor. I have heard really good things about Bama, but I would still lean towards Brenspeed.

I don't think you would go wrong with either of them that you chose.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
rm2092
1st Gear Member

I have a Steeda tune at the moment, I did place a order for a Brenspeed tune last week so just waiting on that to come in and compare the two. A friend of mine has a Brenspeed on his 13 GT and he loves it.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:54 PM
tbar
2nd Gear Member

I use Brenspeed for my s/c tunes. They've been spot on. I like JDM tunes too but it takes forever to get them.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:03 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Those are all great tunes that you mention ... some are better than others.

With the Steeda tune, you get 1 for $99.00 and well update it when you order a new part from Steed that requires an updated tune.

Our tunes are very safe and reliable ... we have had 0 warranty issues when are tune has been installed on a consumers car.

Let me know if I can help provide you any additional information?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

I hear absolutely nothing but positive comments for "Lito", everyone who has used his tune has had no complaints and since I am going to be installing the DOB blower and he has done tuning for a few of those and knows the in and outs of it. His pricing is the only bite in the as* at $300, but sense of comfort at the edge is well worth it.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 AM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

Thanks to all the replies, I really appreciate any individual contribution to this post. Please keep them coming, this would be a good thread for the record !

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Those are all great tunes that you mention ... some are better than others.

With the Steeda tune, you get 1 for $99.00 and well update it when you order a new part from Steed that requires an updated tune.

Our tunes are very safe and reliable ... we have had 0 warranty issues when are tune has been installed on a consumers car.

Let me know if I can help provide you any additional information?
Thanks for your answer. I am wondering if I will be content with just 1 tune or if I would like a few to change between them. how many options can be set ?
you can find my setup on the 1st post. I don't go on track but do drive pretty aggressively on the road.

I have a Steeda tune at the moment, I did place a order for a Brenspeed tune last week so just waiting on that to come in and compare the two. A friend of mine has a Brenspeed on his 13 GT and he loves it.
Let me know: that would be an interesting comparison.

For your application OP I think you will be happy with either one.
this seems verified by the poll
Old 05-19-2013, 02:03 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

For tunes and all engine modification, performance enhancements or advise = Brenspeed. Everything else like appearance mods and accessories = American muscle
Old 05-19-2013, 07:39 AM
jayman33
Banned

Lund or VMP. Brenspeed is actually pretty decent with N/A tunes but their S/C tunes lack a bit.... on the 2011+. A lot of guys in here are recommending big name companies, Im assuming thats all they know.
Late model resto uses BBR tunes
Lethal performance/ evolution performance/ Beefcake racing/ Revan racing plus much more companies use Lund Racing.
Steeda had a good tuner however, they're the only company I know that you have to buy parts from them to get revisions. I run both VMP and Lund... theyre pretty identical in performance and street ability. Ive ran bresnpeed in the past and was happy but its 35 bucks for a revision.
The whole tunes for life is just a gimmick... most companies offer this. Lund racing has all the cars who hold all the records. You will get a customized tune with proper revisions going with a company built more on tuning.
Some of these big name companies will say they build each and every tune from the ground up... they are salesmen and know very little in regards to such.
So with that said, if you are relatively new to this... go with a tuner not a big store that just so happens to offer tunes. Many of these places like VMP/ LUND/ Lito/ AED will help a customer learn and answer the questions to build a their knowledge base on the subject. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:20 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jayman33
Lund or VMP. Brenspeed is actually pretty decent with N/A tunes but their S/C tunes lack a bit.... on the 2011+. A lot of guys in here are recommending big name companies, Im assuming thats all they know.
Late model resto uses BBR tunes
Lethal performance/ evolution performance/ Beefcake racing/ Revan racing plus much more companies use Lund Racing.
Steeda had a good tuner however, they're the only company I know that you have to buy parts from them to get revisions. I run both VMP and Lund... theyre pretty identical in performance and street ability. Ive ran bresnpeed in the past and was happy but its 35 bucks for a revision.
The whole tunes for life is just a gimmick... most companies offer this. Lund racing has all the cars who hold all the records. You will get a customized tune with proper revisions going with a company built more on tuning.
Some of these big name companies will say they build each and every tune from the ground up... they are salesmen and know very little in regards to such.
So with that said, if you are relatively new to this... go with a tuner not a big store that just so happens to offer tunes. Many of these places like VMP/ LUND/ Lito/ AED will help a customer learn and answer the questions to build a their knowledge base on the subject. Just my 2 cents.

Well said!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

My car's Brenspeed tune was purchased by the previous owner. They transfered it to my name and updated the tune for me as long as I purchased from them. Maybe my experience was unique but they stood by their tunes for life gaurantee. I agree it is great for keeping a customer and is sort of gimmicky but tech support alone puts Brenspeed on top for me. I imagine bigger companies have the time and manning to atually switch out parts and tune for them. Smaller shops are usually backlogged for months with working on cars.

Quick Reply: Best Tune ? BAMA / Brenspeed / CNL / EvoPerform ...