Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dream Car Turned Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:19 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

The Navigation issue should have been an easy fix by just swapping it out with a new unit. I would take it to another dealership in your area and have them fix it, or go to an independent shop and pay them to take a look at your problems and diagnose them. I know you may not want to spend the money but it will also help with any possible lawsuit. Good luck
Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 AM
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoodlum54
Didn't hear from the rep for days. When I got a call is was Breanne (don't know how to spell it) and she said just keep bringing it back to the dealership. Same old story.

Contacted an attorney. He said to get the paperwork for him, but from what I'm describing it's a slam dunk.
IF you have an attorney involved now, things will probably get resolved. If they can't get it fixed see if they will give you a new 2013-14 with the same options for what you owe on your car. The Mustangs are generally good and reliable, but there are the occasional lemons.

I'll buy a car and if it's good, will hold on to it for a long time just because I don't want to hit the jackpot of a problem car. My 2010 is great, all the electronics work well, and will keep it for a long time. The last bad car I had was an Audi. I doubt I will ever buy one again.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Didn't hear from the rep for days. When I got a call is was Breanne (don't know how to spell it) and she said just keep bringing it back to the dealership. Same old story.
I see where she left you a message last week, hoodlum54. As you know, you have to bring your vehicle in to your dealer so they can work together. Please give her a call back as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I see where she left you a message last week, hoodlum54. As you know, you have to bring your vehicle in to your dealer so they can work together. Please give her a call back as soon as possible.

Deysha
That you asked him to take it back to a dealership that has shown such a complete inability to repair his car is astounding. If you aranged for a factory tech to meet him there, that I could see.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Weather Man
That you asked him to take it back to a dealership that has shown such a complete inability to repair his car is astounding. If you aranged for a factory tech to meet him there, that I could see.
I agree.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Art161
I agree.
This is a step the dealer and the CSM will have to agree on once the vehicle is at the dealer, guys.

Deysha
Old 06-24-2013, 02:57 PM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Thumbs down

Deysha
No, Deysha; I'm not calling her back. The odometer had around 3500 miles on it the first time the issue presented and I brought it in as soon as I could after that (around 3900 miles). Since then, more issues have popped up, some of them are still unresolved as well despite numerous trips, and in about 10 trips to 2 different dealerships and over 20,000 issue-plagued-miles later we're still in the "Keep bringing it back" stage? Really? That's NOT the customer service I was hoping for when I bought my Ford.

I don't blame her for this, she's just trying to help and she might not be privy/aware to/of all the details and the fact that I've already taken it to that dealership so many times.

Originally Posted by Art161
I agree.
I obviously agree

This is a step the dealer and the CSM will have to agree on once the vehicle is at the dealer, guys.

Deysha
I appreciate your help, Deysha, I do...just like I told the Facebook ford reps I appreciated their help...but all roads lead to the Corporate Customer Service Rep that keeps telling me to go back and forth to the dealership, and that's not OK with me anymore.

And to the people still wondering why I go back to the SAME dealership...it's because after 3 or 4 frustrating/fruitless trips they basically PROMISED me that this next one would be the trip to fix the issues once and for all. Plus it's the closest and most convenient to me. The *real* kicker though is that if I go to a different dealership for the repairs, I have to start from square 1 again. This is what the Ford Customer Service Regional Rep told me. That's literally the absolute LAST thing I want to do.

Last edited by hoodlum54; 06-24-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: I need to proofread better
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

No, Deysha; I'm not calling her back. The odometer had around 3500 miles on it the first time the issue presented and I brought it in as soon as I could after that (around 3900 miles). Since then, more issues have popped up, some of them are still unresolved as well despite numerous trips, and in about 10 trips to 2 different dealerships and over 20,000 issue-plagued-miles later we're still in the "Keep bringing it back" stage? Really? That's NOT the customer service I was hoping for when I bought my Ford.

I appreciate your help, Deysha, I do...just like I told the Facebook ford reps I appreciated their help...but all roads lead to the Corporate Customer Service Rep that keeps telling me to go back and forth to the dealership, and that's not OK with me anymore.

And to the people still wondering why I go back to the SAME dealership...it's because after 3 or 4 frustrating/fruitless trips they basically PROMISED me that this next one would be the trip to fix the issues once and for all. Plus it's the closest and most convenient to me. The *real* kicker though is that if I go to a different dealership for the repairs, I have to start from square 1 again. This is what the Ford Customer Service Regional Rep told me. That's literally the absolute LAST thing I want to do.
I understand where you’re coming from, hoodlum54. There are steps and procedures we all have to follow in order to resolve our customer’s concerns. The main one is to get your vehicle in and have it diagnosed so we can proceed further. Thank you for your time and patience.

Deysha
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

I don't blame her for this, she's just trying to help and she might not be privy/aware to/of all the details and the fact that I've already taken it to that dealership so many times.

I obviously agree

I understand where you’re coming from, hoodlum54. There are steps and procedures we all have to follow in order to resolve our customer’s concerns. The main one is to get your vehicle in and have it diagnosed so we can proceed further. Thank you for your time and patience.

Deysha

Insanity is repeating the same step over and over and expecting a different outcome. Go to another dealer and break the cycle.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

My thought is, yeah the other dealer may have to start over, but who says they won't find out the problem sooner?

Quick Reply: Dream Car Turned Nightmare