Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this rear spoiler too rice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

NOT RICEY

Definitely Racey

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 05-23-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

not my style, but I dont see it and think Fast & Furious. Its all in what you like anyways brother, not what other people think
Old 05-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

My friend has it on his grey 05 GT and I don't think it looks good at all, but cruzinaround seems to pull it off nicely!!
I say do it, it seems to look better on the newer stangsss!
Old 05-24-2014, 07:54 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I would pass.... way too borderline. In my book that classifies it as rice.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

It's more like satisfying the quest to be different....

The way I see it... if your gonna wear it...it might as well be functional and it should be uncommon IOW....why jump on board with what the rest are wearin just because they feel its what it should be. There's enough of the ornamental and more traditional going on all over the place. How many mustangs are gonna rock the GT 500 or the California Special spoilers??? There's far too many of them. and they're not functional for applying down force. So why waste your money if they don't work for you.

Steeda puts their name on these wings because they are track tested and functional. And they are not visually extreme where they scream here I am. You can paint match these and even change the winglets to brushed aluminum or even color match them to your car color. On the 2010 to 2014 mustangs this wing follows the curve of the rear deck and looks like it belongs. Its no more obnoxious than the GT500 or the CS spoiler and the bonus is that it works to apply downforce at speeds over 70MPH and in the end helps keep the vehicle planted and enhances a lowered suspension since it in effect helps make the car produce a lower pressure beneath it. Which ends in less resistance and more aerodynamic.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:04 PM
cashs mom
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011V6Nicole
I like it, its different than most of the other ones i have seen. The only part that looks ricey is the ends but like wcgman said if you paint them to match I think it would look good.
I agree.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:35 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
On the 2010 to 2014 mustangs this wing follows the curve of the rear deck and looks like it belongs.
Did they finally change the pedestals of the wing? Last time I talked to the continental challenge guys they said it was the same wing as the one for the 05-09 cars and they had to add a small spacer or dimple the deck lid to make the wing sit flush.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I ordered it from Steeda directly. And according to them the 2010-14 has a specific part no# that is unique for these s197 variants. So I would guess they changed the pedestal. The ends also sweep more forward towards the ailerons(aka winglets). It sits flush on my deck lid. And requires no additional sealant or spacers.

It's functional...and As a test I went through the brushless wash after it was installed with the trunk lid popped open just to see if the overhead blowers would shut the trunk.... Those blowers push out around 60 to 70 mph.... The trunk not only shuts....but, you can feel the rear of the car hunker down....and clearly see the ends towards the ailerons flex down.

It's definitely a functional wing.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:27 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Yeah man, someone had said it earlier: not too tall, etc. I'd like to add that it doesn't seem tooooooo heavy. Probably not much heavier than my own stocker. For whatever reason, I'm always looking into how much heavier or lighter these aftermarket parts are that I add to my ride.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

It's a hollow formed wing...it's actually not much heavier than the stock GT Spoiler I had to remove prior to installing it.

Quick Reply: Is this rear spoiler too rice?