Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rvastang
The phone isn't the problem. SYNC is. My SYNC randomly decides to start up in AM radio mode every so often. The phone certainly can't do that. And when it comes to BlueTooth pairing, I had my iPhone paired with a crappy aftermarket BlueTooth setup in another car for YEARS and never had to reboot the phone to make it work.
Exactly.

A fast way to get the phone back when it doesn't connect automatically is to just press the phone button on the wheel/dash. It will link right up.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

The phone isn't the problem. SYNC is. My SYNC randomly decides to start up in AM radio mode every so often. The phone certainly can't do that. And when it comes to BlueTooth pairing, I had my iPhone paired with a crappy aftermarket BlueTooth setup in another car for YEARS and never had to reboot the phone to make it work.
Couldnt agree more. Sorry FordIVTteam but you are wrong. It is not the phone. It is SYNC. It always has been. I am tired of being told I need to fix MY phone when its Fords that cant get its **** together. Having both SYNC, and MFT, both having major problems I think I have a good idea.

Matthew
Old 09-21-2013, 10:06 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello dcarlinf1,

A soft reset to your iPhone should improve your Bluetooth connection with SYNC. Hold the POWER button and the HOME button simultaneously on your iPhone until the Apple logo appears. You may find it easier to switch to USB by pressing the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and saying USB instead of going through the menu options.

Kim
Thanks for the reply, but that is a band-aid fix rather than a true, permanent fix. It should work EVERY time. Not just 9 out of 10 times, in my case any way.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Thanks for the reply, but that is a band-aid fix rather than a true, permanent fix. It should work EVERY time. Not just 9 out of 10 times, in my case any way.
well the device is half of the equation, the device may be the thing failing
Old 09-21-2013, 01:09 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Ive been having trouble getting my bluetooth audio to work lately too.. It will say bluetooth is connected but the sound wont play through the car, or the phone (when bluetooth is connected), but it says its playing on my phone. This bluetooth needs to be worked on. Having to deal with the trouble that it won't read my usb, and that it only wants to play radio and no other device from time to time is pathetic. I'm taking my car in for a service in a few months. Would ford be able to fix this problem or no?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:26 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
well the device is half of the equation, the device may be the thing failing
An IPhone and IPod are going to fail at exactly the same time?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:50 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Mine does that too! What the hell is the deal with that. I've never in my life listened to AM radio but SYNC decides occasionally that I need to listen to the Agri-Farm Report.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

The AM/FM radio part is just a default of the radio system if Sync can not pick up a USB, Bluetooth, or Line-In Audio channel. If you were to get in the car one day, and leave it on Line-In and not use it, it defaults to AM/FM the next time you start the car. If you never dialed your AM/FM, then I think AM 600 is the default if the radio's memory is ever reset.

To clear it up, its default "falling" process is Bluetooth/USB -> Line-In -> AM/FM for each time the car is started and no audio is picked up.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:10 AM
2012brembo50

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello Matthew,

You may have the option of downloading the update from home, which will save you a trip to the dealership. You can check by logging in here: www.Support.Ford.com Make sure the 2012 Focus is selected.

When you press the VOICE COMMAND button and say MOBILE APPS, what happens? Which Android phone are you using to connect to AppLink?

Kim
I haven't tried using voice commands to run mobile apps. When I use the buttons I get the response "No mobile apps were found on your device". My Android phone is a ZTE Merit. I'll try one more time to do a master reset on the car and re-pair the phone. If it worked once it should work again. If not, well, I give up. Pretty disappointing.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM
vegas_
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boaisy
... To clear it up, its default "falling" process is Bluetooth/USB -> Line-In -> AM/FM for each time the car is started and no audio is picked up.
Not on mine. I use USB only, and the USB stick is in there all the time, but it frequently starts up with line in, which I never use, or the radio.

Having designed electronics for 20 years, not remembering the operating mode is a grade school level error. For you car guys, it's about as stupid as not putting the lug nuts the wheels. Very amateurish engineering error. Clearly the capability to remember things is in the system, it remembers the radio presets, but out of sheer laziness they forgot to remember mode. Even if it does power up in USB, it remembers not only the song I was listening to, but the exact spot in the song I was at. But it can't remember that it was in USB mode? How stupid can you get? Software engineers are the laziest bunch of morons on the planet.

Quick Reply: Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync