Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information center display type 1.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:00 AM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Default Information center display type 1.

I have a 2014 GT with the type 1 information display. In the owner's manual under information for this type of display, it shows setting for Halo lighting, ambient lighting, gauge color, ambient color, etc.

While scrolling through the options on my car using the steering wheel switches, I notice I don't have any of these options.

My question is this, what determines which information display that you get and what information is displayed in each type.

I thought that all of the GT Premiums got the type 2 display and the base GT got the type 1 displays but now I'm thinking not. The 2014 mustang brochure is not clear about what options gets you what display and neither is the owner's manual. Thanks for any information on this subject.

Wayne
Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM
JimC

To get to those options you have to have the headlights on, at least on my 2013 that is the case. I can't remember what the first level option is called - and then you have to use the right arrow to get to the rest of the options. If all you are doing is scrolling down you won't get to the ambient lighting options.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:51 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Ok, thanks. Is your car a premium? I thought maybe because my car was not a premium, it didn't have those options.

Wayne
Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Well, I tried turning the headlights on and accessing the information display and I still don't get those options so I guess my car doesn't have them. I also don't have the arrow buttons on the steering wheel so that may be why. I would like to have the ambient lighting but I don't really care about the changing colors of the dash lights. My fiancée's 07 GT premium has that feature and she keeps it on blue. Thanks anyway for the info.

Wayne
Old 08-18-2013, 09:52 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

GT premium comes with 4.2" Color LCD Display in Instrument Cluster with MyColor (MyColor is what changes the halos in the cup holders, cluster lights and ambient lighting).

If you only have a Base model I don't believe they come with MyColor.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by 70monte
Well, I tried turning the headlights on and accessing the information display and I still don't get those options so I guess my car doesn't have them. I also don't have the arrow buttons on the steering wheel so that may be why. I would like to have the ambient lighting but I don't really care about the changing colors of the dash lights. My fiancée's 07 GT premium has that feature and she keeps it on blue. Thanks anyway for the info.

Wayne
Yes, I have the premium - and since you don't have the button with arrows then you wouldn't have the options. I didn't realize reading your post that you meant you had the base model and not the premium option
Old 08-20-2013, 12:05 AM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have the base model. I didn't want all of the other stuff that comes with the premium package. I'm happy with what I have, I was just curious.

Wayne
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 70monte

Wayne
In '07, MyColor was part of the Interior Upgrade Package, which was optional on all Mustangs.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 AM
Sacer

I learned a lot from you guys, it's useful.