Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wish me luck on friday

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
zentin
Banned

Default wish me luck on friday

going to race at the local track in the mustang classes and stock OEM classes (though lotta cheaters in stock oem with heavily modded engines that look "stock".)

i got the girl of my mediocre dreams to give me another chance and the only way i could convince her to come is say that I am going to race, I have never raced like this in my life before and my car is stock please wish me luck and pray i dont lose too badly! maybe i might even win a race or too

these are street drag races on a track for 300 ft....she will ride with me on my passenger seat and i will play low - cracker and sing in my head, being with u girl....like being low, hey hey hey like being stone! and then we will get married and have 50 kids

anything i should be doing when i race? like turn traction control off or anything? and mine is an automatic, so i should just floor it right?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Yes, turn off TCS. Don't "just floor it" unless you know for sure that you won't be spinning like an idiot. And, for pete's sake, quit singing. Just pay attention... to the track... and not your girl's really hot cleavage... and short skirt with her smooth thighs and long legs... and flowing hair... and succulent lips.

Someone else wanna' help the OP here? I need a cold shower...
Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Think nothing of her warm caress and don't look deeply into her stunning eyes...

Just watch the lights and have fun racing. TCS off as Nuke said.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Think nothing of her warm caress and don't look deeply into her stunning eyes...
LMAO! That wasn't the help I meant but it's good to see I'm not the only perv here...
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Don't sweat the girl too much, you have to play it cool. There's so many out there to choose from. Good luck and remember to not let the adrenaline take over when you line up. Easy on that throttle, and remember these cars lack traction when you drop the clutch pedal too hard. Slip that clutch a little starting and when going into second.

Also pics or she didn't happen!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Umm... I'll be back in a minute
Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 AM
NTO_GUY
Former Sponsor

Not sure the speed of the tree lights but, if they are slow imagine a tick sound as each lights up. That always helps with reaction time. Also, it will help to get staged first, that way you are ready for launch by time the other person's second stage light comes on. Really help if the tree lights are fast. My two cents but I am no expert.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
LMAO! That wasn't the help I meant but it's good to see I'm not the only perv here...

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Don't sweat the girl too much, you have to play it cool. There's so many out there to choose from. Good luck and remember to not let the adrenaline take over when you line up. Easy on that throttle, and remember these cars lack traction when you drop the clutch pedal too hard. Slip that clutch a little starting and when going into second.

Good advice to play it cool. Don't worry if you get stomped by cars that "appear" to be slower, it happens to all of us. Just don't let your ego get in the way and remember to have fun and learn from the experience. Depending on the lights, you can hit the gas right before the green without crossing the line and get a very small head start for a better time without being penalized.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo

Let's pay attention to the car, not the girl's butt wiggling as she snuggles it onto the bucket seat. OP's car is an automatic.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

.... of your girlfriend.

Quick Reply: wish me luck on friday