Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably back in the game this week!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default Probably back in the game this week!

So I was getting already very bored with the 300c, ****ty suspension feel like a boat on sea and alots of rattle coming from the roof and the dash plastic insert, I throwed like 3-4k$ in mods yet to feel barely no difference, I was done with it, put the car back to stock and started shoping around, at first I was looking at edge sport 2011, but they were too rare and the trade in value for my car wasnt any good vs what I had to drop in cash to get a deal. I then started looking for fully equiped 4wheeldrive taurus 2013 going around 26500, some dealer told me he could give me 24200 for my car in trade so id save most of the taxes and only would need to throw in another 2-3k for a all season car..but still I wasnt totally sure if I digged the car, went to the dealer test drove one, the basic model was the only thing available for test drive, ****ty feeling, cheap interior..the SEL fully equiped is different but it still the same car, started working numbers with the saleman to realise something really didnt fit, he then told me he was giving 24200 tax in for my car, so in fact he is giving 21000 and I save the tax for 24000..rofl that like 3k less then I expected, no thanks.

I tryed a last attempt at another dealer and he had a nice 2013 edge sel awd with every single possible option going for 32k, saleman said he could give me more for my car and drop the price to 29500, but man I was really like: ill feel like crap when summer come back having no muscle car driving a suv with no kids yet..? do i really need a suv, is this a good move to buy that...i decided to skip the trade and told the saleman ill think about it.

for some weird reason there is NO hard top manuel 2013 gt on the market over here, all the dealer got is 'vert with auto...I respect that, but that really not what im lookign for, been 2 month I check daily to see if anything pop out on the internet, nada. well when i came back home I was a bit **** off of my day and still had no idea what to do, so I go look for the fun of it into 2013 mustang, bang! some Suzuki dealer got a clean black on black hard top w/ stick 2013 going for 28900, 10000 kms with shaker led projection horse black leather and rear spoiler, I call the saleman and on the phone he directly offer me 23500 plus tax for my car, interresting, I go see the car, very clean, very interrested, only really matter is, what is the wife gonna say, I was looking for a suv or a 4x4 car cause of winter coming and id end up with a almost brand new 5.0? lol well hell, I told the saleman: drop
a 1k on the main price and you got a deal, which he ended accepting after trying to make it a drop of 500$, signed everything and waiting for Financial approval tommorow, if so, ill get the beast on wednesday, omfg, i still got a good 2 month to drive it in cool weather before winter is in... Im so nervous, but so happy going with a choice that fit my personality and what I really wanted since 2 years, otherwise id still be paying off the 300c and not driving it in the winter either..why not switch to something that can be moded over and over and have great fun in summer with drags and stuff, plus for you guys the price might sound a bit high but over here in canada, all the 5.0 go for at least 29 to 35k even used. im confident the value of my purchase wont be dropping that much in the next year.

ill just get a beater for this winter, maybe an old Subaru legacy 4x4
ill lets you know if everything went smooth and the car is in my possession on wednesday,
oh btw, by my big surprise, the girlfriend was actually really happy and said she love how it look.

damn, now on to americanmuscle.com for some grill wheels spoiler tune omfg the mod fever beging

Last edited by mighted1987; 09-16-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Welcome back. Next time you decide to start thinking about leaving the family, we might all have to kick your butt, so no leaving again.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Welcome back!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:17 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

while this is probably a very often asked question, it doesnt seem to appear in the search result.

Does installing a tune permenantly mark your ecu? or does removing the tune before dealer trip just show a ''flash'' that can be proven to come from disconneting battery or pulling a fuse?
i know on the 300c 2012, the diablosport tune doesnt leave anything except that they can see the ecu was flashed but that can be justified with disconneting battery etc.

any real information ? thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

It just shows that the ecu was flashed which you can say you disconnected the battery for a while...I've done it before.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Thx bro. I got approved, getting the car this afternoon
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Welcome back!

By the way, black is the meanest, best, and fastest color!
And manual is car language for: You're all man.
Congrats!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

What a nice car, very powerful! I have a fews question if anyone feel like helping out:
I noticed even with traction off i sometime get power shutdown if i go fishtail-like, is it normal? Is there a way to fully remove the traction control.

Also, i have the led projection horse, pretty cool on driver side but on the passenger side it a kind of licorn/horse with flower and bird? That look a bit..weird? Any way to change it!

I just realised my color and track apps option, that mean i have the premium?
Any chance this come with the 3.73 gear?

At last im going to put some afternarket spring, ive read the 05-09 spring fit up to 2014(true?)
What do you guys suggest me to get in suspension component to improve street and drag handling? Pan hard strut? Any full kit i can get my hand on all at once?

Thank alot !

Last edited by mighted1987; 09-17-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
What a nice car, very powerful! I have a fews question if anyone feel like helping out:
I noticed even with traction off i sometime get power shutdown if i go fishtail-like, is it normal? Is there a way to fully remove the traction control.

Also, i have the led projection horse, pretty cool on driver side but on the passenger side it a kind of licorn/horse with flower and bird? That look a bit..weird? Any way to change it!

I just realised my color and track apps option, that mean i have the premium?
Any chance this come with the 3.73 gear?

At last im going to put some afternarket spring, ive read the 05-09 spring fit up to 2014(true?)
What do you guys suggest me to get in suspension component to improve street and drag handling? Pan hard strut? Any full kit i can get my hand on all at once?

Thank alot !
Congrats on getting back into the world of Mustang! Use one of those gear calculators to find out what a 3.73 gear would cruise at in terms of RPM at 65mph, take your car out and see if it matches. Also, Maximum Motorsports offers packages that have everything you need:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...oducts_id=1115

Let me know if I can help

Oh, and post the pics...you know the routine!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
It just shows that the ecu was flashed which you can say you disconnected the battery for a while...I've done it before.
I thought with the coyote 5.0, it set a flag showing that it had been tuned... as opposed to simply showing that the PCM had been reset on the 4.6's?

Quick Reply: Probably back in the game this week!