Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering this CAI and tuner today, question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 AM
zentin
Banned

Default Ordering this CAI and tuner today, question

http://www.americanmuscle.com/airaid...er-0509gt.html

I am going to take it to the shop I usually go to get the CAI installed. But do I need to download the tune and take the tuner with me and upload the tune right after the cai is installed? Or is it okay to install the cai then drive home and install the tune? I hear it takes a day or 2 for bama to send you the tunes.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Just do it yourself.
It's easy as pie.
Maybe an hour for the intake and 10 minutes for the tune.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zentin

I am going to take it to the shop I usually go to get the CAI installed. But do I need to download the tune and take the tuner with me and upload the tune right after the cai is installed? Or is it okay to install the cai then drive home and install the tune? I hear it takes a day or 2 for bama to send you the tunes.
Install it yourself, its super easy. I have this exact same one. The good thing about the airaid is you can put the insert in and run the stock tune (since it restricts the airflow a little). So if your tune doesn't come right away, run it with the insert till they get it to you, then take the insert out and upload the tune.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:48 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

im with everybody here. its so simple its like putting air into a tire. do it yourself and save the money for more mods.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I am going to take it to the shop I usually go to get the CAI installed...
Really? Then be sure to have someone open the box for you and someone also to remove the items from the box.

C'mon, man. A caveman can do it. Righty tighty, lefty loosey...
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 PM
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

It really is easy even if you have no prior experience. Save yourself the money.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

This kid seriously needs to stop trolling the fourms. All Of his posts have been mental.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

I agree with what everyone in here is saying. You should give the intake a shot yourself, I think you can definitely do it! It's a very simple install and it will come with detailed instructions. Also, if you run into any issues we can definitely help walk you through the process on the phone!

However, to answer your question I would load the tune after the CAI is on the car and drive it home. Your device is going to come pre loaded with your custom tunes already loaded to it. So if you take the car to a shop just bring the device with you! Loading the tune to the car will only take about 2-5 minutes.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 10-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
This kid seriously needs to stop trolling the fourms. All Of his posts have been mental.
I've chatted with Zentin in PM and he's ok if not a little unsure. We've all been there. I'm glad he went the CAI & tune route. He just needs some encouragement.

I have a son that used to make me want to drive head on into oncoming traffic. Zentin reminds me of him, god love him...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I've chatted with Zentin in PM and he's ok if not a little unsure. We've all been there. I'm glad he went the CAI & tune route. He just needs some encouragement.

I have a son that used to make me want to drive head on into oncoming traffic. Zentin reminds me of him, god love him...
That is the most accurate description of How I feel after reading one of Zentins or Tyler N Tkachuk's Posts.

Quick Reply: Ordering this CAI and tuner today, question