Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traded my 2005 gt for a 2010 gt

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 10:00 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by drewsky
Hey now, knocking the 05-09 models a lot here. Many swear over this body style over the 10-12. Congrats on the car, good color combo and love the interior
Originally Posted by roegs
Its great that you're enjoying your new car, but there are quite a few of us that still prefer the 05-09 models.
Originally Posted by Lem-06
agreed, I wouldnt trade my 06 for a 10+ because I just love the body style.
The OP had an 05-09. Rudolph is not allowed to compare the two?

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Different yes, but better? Thats like saying the firebird interior was better than the camaro interior of the same year.
Is it really?

Camaro:

Firebird:

2005 Mustang:

2010 Mustang:

Originally Posted by wcgman
I don't think Rudolph is trying to insult the 05-09's guys.

+1. The dude is very excited about his new car.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

oh boy am i
getting icy here though.
gone through 3 tanks of fuel in 2 days lol..still blown away how solid this beauty is..well done ford for making the mustang a truely superb car in every way possible.
feels as good as any bmw or audi i have driven...so quiet aswell..
i am 49 next week and i tell you i have never bought something in my life and been more delighted than i am right now
3 nights with only a few hours sleep aswell..
wtf did they do to the springs to make it this much better?
looks the same to me underneath..
lads sorry if i'm going on but i cant help meself lol
oh btw it has a wire going to the rear view mirror..the one inside at the top..wtf is that for?

Name:  mustnginside_zps322ce04c.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  72.5 KB

Last edited by Rudolph Hucker; 10-19-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

That wire is most likely for your Bluetooth and your auto dimming rear view mirror. Congrats on the new ride! Glad to hear you're enjoying it as much as you are! I felt the same way as you going from an '07 GT to my '13 5.0! I had my car 11 months and already have just over 10k on it.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

yeah i just want to drive drive drive lol..
i rekon i could drive round the world with this beauty..shame winters just days away..oh well come april when i first get it out the garage it will be sparkling like a diamond..
every nut and bolt will be cleaned and polished to perfection..
just to think i was looking at a camaro..i wanted refinement, i drive my bosses 330 bmw a lot ,and a car that can handle rough roads..i certainly have that now..i bet the 5 liter is amazing to drive...i wont be changing though..this is a keeper

Last edited by Rudolph Hucker; 10-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
yeah i just want to drive drive drive lol..
i rekon i could drive round the world with this beauty..shame winters just days away..oh well come april when i first get it out the garage it will be sparkling like a diamond..
every nut and bolt will be cleaned and polished to perfection..
just to think i was looking at a camaro..i wanted refinement, i drive my bosses 330 bmw a lot ,and a car that can handle rough roads..i certainly have that now..i bet the 5 liter is amazing to drive...i wont be changing though..this is a keeper
How common are mustangs where you're from? I bet you don't see them everyday so I'd imagine yours is a head turner. My 5.0 is a base GT so I wouldn't surprised if yours could run circles around mine on a road course! My 235/5018s all season can barely handle power mine puts down, especially with the 93 race tune!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

mustangs here are very rare...cost too much here and many swedes dont have this kinda money for toys..
everywhere i go peeps look and point lol..from 5 year old kids to 80 year olds..tiss a head turner for sure..
Old 10-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
mustangs here are very rare...cost too much here and many swedes dont have this kinda money for toys..
everywhere i go peeps look and point lol..from 5 year old kids to 80 year olds..tiss a head turner for sure..
That's great to hear! Makes it so much enjoyable when you get that much attention. They are a "dime a dozen" here but I still get the occasional, "nice car" most attention I do get is when I'm just cruising and out of nowhere somebody is riding my *** in a car that has 1/10th my cars power, haha.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

lots of nasty looks from neighbours though lol
swedes can be jealous competetive *****..
we live in a hill billy area...they would do the same if they were left 100k in a will surely..
Name:  mustangandbike_zpsa7df9ebb.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  86.7 KB
snow is a coming

Last edited by Rudolph Hucker; 10-20-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

To hell with your neighbors...they don't need to know your personal/private business. You're right about the jealousy thing. Ppl ride up on my *** daily. I can't think of one reason they do it, either. Even if I drive over the speed limit BOOM there's a car so close to me I can tell the color of their eyes. I got to think they are jealous bitter ppl and trying to take out their hatred on me. It's too bad they always turn before the road clears ahead so I can show them that the 5.0 is no joke, lol!

I would never of thought Sweden would have hillbillies, that was hilarious, lol. bTW, your car looks sick from the front. You probably intimidate these "hillbillies" when you get up behind them, too, lol.,
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

I have a friend from Germany she said they are very popular there also. It's just hard for me to grasp that a Mustang is like what a BMW is here in the states. I see about 30+ mustangs a day cruising around here in Seattle. Ranging from 1964 to 2014's its pretty awesome. But I think it's totally awesome at the same time, you should totally come to Vegas for the 50th birthday celebration!

Best thing though is how defensive the boys get when they figure out this girl knows how to drive a Mustang properly and they get slammed in a race Really pisses those Asian import boys off right good!

Last edited by MustangVixenGT; 10-20-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: traded my 2005 gt for a 2010 gt