Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well Guys, Today Was a Bad Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Hey sniff.. sniff...If you lived by me I'd donate my old OEM's to your cause just to get you rolling on a planted set of 4....19's though??? P-zeros "meh". But you're in Texas dude. Feelin bad for you...especially since I have to dodge deers almost every morning and some evenings. And after having hit one once while I was between jobs....(SRT 4)

I know your pain.

Get past this and focus on your interviews.... It will get better with a steady job under your belt.
I appreciate the thought, but I'm rolling 18's anyways. I just went out and looked how the rear end is setting: not well, not well at all. The entire rear end has shifted to the right I'd say an inch. Can't tell if the tie rods or strut or A arm is bent or not. All I know is the car is ****ed. Hopefully I don't run into complications driving it to the shop tomorrow, or slam my head on the steering wheel to death thinking about the damage I did. You guys know what I'm talking about, my car is an extension of myself and when it's not right I'm not right.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Squeak in frt or rear? If rear, squeak could easily be a bent axle causing wheel and rotor to wobble.

If the rear is shifted to right side an inch you likely have a bent pan hard bar or PHB bracket at frame or axle.

Looks like it was moving pretty good when you hit.

Last edited by tbear853; 11-01-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Sucks but it's **** that can be fixed. I had a friend that curbed his front passenger on his crossfire. He never checked his air pressure in his tires. So when he remove the rim it had all kinds of damage on the inside. So he bought an aftermarket rim which was chrome. Reason being the stock rims were over 300. I never cared much fir the car. I think they r very girly machines. He now drives a gto which again I think that car is girly looking. I fact I was very disappointed in the exterior. It's a 400 hp sun fire.

Anyways good luck
Old 11-02-2013, 12:22 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Goods new/bad news. Good new is the only things messed up are a bowed in panhard bar, axle, the rims and one tire (it's not leaking air but I don't want the thing to explode on me). Bad news is apart from the panhard bar those items are pretty expensive. I have a couple rear tires I could possibly put on there, only thing is they're racing slicks, and pretty spent ones. I'm going to call my insurance agent and see if there's anything I can do to make a claim and not have my rates go up. My estimation is the total repair is going to come out to about a grand.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:56 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

I hit a few curbs pretty hard when I first got mine, amazed I never ****ed it up really bad. The turning on these cars can be unpredictable you think your going to clear in then bam cub jumps right on ya.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Update: Insurance company wants me to pay a fee because I'm at fault, and the deductible included it comes out at over a grand, so I'm not going that route. In other news, got suspended from my job today for a month due to an error on my boss's part. Two months ago they sent me an email to come in at 8, so I did and when I got there they told me I should've been there at seven and made several snarky comments on how no one else showed up late; this sparked an argument.
About two and a half weeks ago I used the skid pad at work while I was off the clock, a security guard heard me doing it and got his ******* twisted over the ordeal and produced some fiction about things I didn't say and didn't do. The HR department said this looked bad because McLaren was at the track that day, but as a matter of fact on that same day the man in charge of McLaren's event said I had been a great help to them that day and let me take hot laps in the MP4-12C.

Sorry to spill my problems all over the thread, but as you can see I'm having a very, very, very stressful November.

My plans with the car as of now are to slap on some Alloy axles and swap out the stock panhard bar just so I can get the thing safely rolling. As for the rims, and rear tire, I'll have to fix the eyesore and deal with them being bent until I can swap to new ones. If only I could afford to buy some 5 spoke Vossens right now...
Old 11-04-2013, 06:13 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

id take it somewhere and get the suspension components & brakes checked out. just for piece of mind
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TomKat
id take it somewhere and get the suspension components & brakes checked out. just for piece of mind
Yeah I did, I took it to a guy who specializes in Mustangs, he has a competition drag car and several other Mustangs. when we got it on the lift everything on the brakes was fine, the sway bars are scooted over but once the panhard bar is replaced they should slide back into place. Tie rods, LCAs and everything else were solid.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:27 AM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Sorry to spill my problems all over the thread, but as you can see I'm having a very, very, very stressful November.

My plans with the car as of now are to slap on some Alloy axles and swap out the stock panhard bar just so I can get the thing safely rolling. As for the rims, and rear tire, I'll have to fix the eyesore and deal with them being bent until I can swap to new ones. If only I could afford to buy some 5 spoke Vossens right now...
Man sorry to hear about your ruff start into the holiday months but just stay positive and things usually tend to work themselves out.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:52 AM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

I know your pain...
If you look, you can see how the pan hard bar is nowhere close to straight.

I had the same squeaking that went away when I applied the brakes. Bent axle.

Quick Reply: Well Guys, Today Was a Bad Day