Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on fuel trims

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Do you have an intercooler? Maybe the hoses/clamps are loose?
Old 05-09-2014, 04:35 PM
silenceikillyou

Originally Posted by Killercoyote
I went to get inspection an hour ago and check engine light hasn't been on for two days I drove car for 180 miles and still doesn't pass monitors are still staying o2s not ready,heat circuit not ready,cats not ready,and egr not ready don't no what else to do they told me to keep driving it I don't thing that's going to fix it also high side fuel trims are at 28%
Check your fuel system. Bad/dirty injectors, filter, or pump could result in less fuel being dumped into the engine, which will lean out your mixture. Since your wideband is showing lean and your fuel trims are sky high, I would think that your fuel pump may be on it's way out. It couldn't push the volume, so the engine adjusted your fuel trims to try and compensate.

Did you upgrade your injectors and fuel pump/system when you got the supercharger installed? If not, that's where I would be looking if you can't find a vacuum leak...
Old 05-09-2014, 04:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

No exhaust leaks? I would assume your wide band is correct and you have way to much oxygen in your exhaust. Either it's really running that lean at WOT or you have and exhaust leak before the wide band that's letting oxygen in. I wouldn't be using full throttle till you figure it out.

Time to pull the spark plugs, are you sure they are all firing? Stock coil packs? I had an aftermarket coil pack that crapped out and it didn't set any codes except a lean code. the air/fuel wasn't burning from that cylinder at WOT, so all that oxygen was seen as a lean condition. Car idled fine and ran good, but WOT was crappy.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:06 PM
silenceikillyou

Originally Posted by moosestang
No exhaust leaks? I would assume your wide band is correct and you have way to much oxygen in your exhaust. Either it's really running that lean at WOT or you have and exhaust leak before the wide band that's letting oxygen in. I wouldn't be using full throttle till you figure it out.

Time to pull the spark plugs, are you sure they are all firing? Stock coil packs? I had an aftermarket coil pack that crapped out and it didn't set any codes except a lean code. the air/fuel wasn't burning from that cylinder at WOT, so all that oxygen was seen as a lean condition. Car idled fine and ran good, but WOT was crappy.
I thought that at first too, but unless he has an x or h pipe before his O2 sensors, it would only cause one bank's fuel trim to go up instead of both banks. So unless he has a crossover pipe before the O2 sensors or simultaneously got exhaust leaks on both sides before the O2 sensors, I don't see this being the problem.

That's why I'm thinking it's his fuel system. The fuel trims are trying to compensate for something like a pump going bad by increasing injector duration.

Check your fuel pressure and flow. Could very well be that your pump is going out. That's why I plan on doing the Ford Racing dual fuel pump kit if I ever FI my mustang.

Also, something could be bad in your O2 sensor system causing your car to stay in open loop mode, and the open loop fuel calculations/map could be wrong for your setup. I would check your pump first, but check and make sure that your O2 sensors are working properly after.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:19 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Check engine light came back on says bank 1 sensor 1 to lean or to rich also came up again heater circuit and cats and egr
Can you list all of the codes that are showing up?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:25 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Do you have a multimeter? You can check the resistance of the heater circuit for the bank 1 upstream sensor to see if its dead. If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly, the wires for the heater circuit are a green-brown wire and a violet-gray wire.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

The fact that both banks are affected makes me think this is a fueling problem. Does the BAP have any fuses that could be blown?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:41 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

What does your fuel pressure gauge show if you snap the gas pedal to WOT (in neutral/park)?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Right now on idle it's at 55
What happens when you snap it?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:49 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

I don't mean hold the pedal down, just "snap it" quickly to WOT and watch the gauge.

Quick Reply: Info on fuel trims