Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A woman backed into my car last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:53 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Default A woman backed into my car last night

I guess I need a shoulder to cry on or something.

Yesterday evening I went to the bank to get some money out of the ATM. Most of the parking places close to the building had cars in them, so I parked on the other side of the parking lot in the middle of a bunch of empty spaces. As I'm starting to walk across the parking lot, this GMC Jimmy comes straight back at a speed way to fast for backing out of a parking place. It took me too long to realize that the woman driving was not going to stop in time. I started yelling at her to stop, then watched in horror as she caved in the left rear bumper corner. If I had realized what was going on, I would have banged on her back window, since I had to move out of her way to keep from getting squished between the bumpers.

She was pretty upset about it and made some comment about me being in her blind spot. I guess when you're backing up but looking forward, you have a pretty big blind spot. Plus from an SUV, a convertible with the top down might not show up so well. Still, there was no reason for her to back all the way across the wide parking lot like that.

The worst part is that she had just moved here from Arizona, so the car had some sort of temporary plates, she didn't have her insurance with her, and her driver's license was a temporary paper one.

I think I'll let my insurance company deal with it all for me.

Now where are some good crying smilies. [sm=smiley19.gif][sm=smiley6.gif]

And I need an angry one too.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:05 PM
I8URVTEC
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: A woman backed into my car last night

That is a horror story. What are some of these people doing, getting their licence off of cereal boxes??? [:@] I always take the extra time to park way far away so I am not around other cars like you said you did. Guess you can never do enough to avoid terrible drivers. I can't believe she almost hit you too, she should be stripped of her licence. What if you were a little kid and didn't know enough to get out of the way. That woman is too dangerous to be on the road. Good luck getting your Stang back together.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:41 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

u should have called the police so they could check out her paper work and so u have a accident report, unless u did all this and didnt mention it.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

There is no SAFE place to park, as long as people like that lady are on the road!

Did you call the cops? Did they ticket her for no insurance card? (Most states require you have insurance!)

Man... I feel for ya... to see it happening and you can't do anything about it.. and THEN have it happen on an act of stupidity!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

man...that sucks...They should have special parking spaces for people with big *** SUV's that can't drive them. Atleast they can bash up each others cars. Good luck getting it taken care of and it doesn't take too long. [:@]
Old 10-14-2005, 05:46 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

I still want to know why I have to take a special written test and special driving test to get a license to drive my Harley, but a person 5' tall can drive a huge vehicle weighing over 5000 lbs with no special license... bugs the hell out of me. They don't let small children ride the big rides at Disneyland, so why do they let the small adults drive the big vehicles?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Sorry to hear about the smack! YOU were in HER blindspot??? LOL...that's like saying, but officer, that tree just jumped out in front of me. LOL...that sucks. Her excuse holds as much water as an aquarium with only three sides.

Let insurance handle it but make sure to keep them on it. Since you have her name, you could call the Motor Vehicle Dept. of Phoenix and see if they will give you her info. Tell them it's a 'hit and run' and someone you know had met her or something and got her name but not all the other info because they didn't know about the car accident until afterwards.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I8URVTEC
I ♥ Acer

If that happened to me it would be like the guy in Torch Red's signature except it would he her head and the back of her SUV.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:26 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

AGREED! lol- smack that bee-otch, u know we park miles away from retatard's so this doesnt happen to our baby and for what-- so some stupid wench can wreck our ride--i think she would have called the police on me for losing my mind or smashing her face on my keyboard instead of my little friend.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

I dont know what it is about some dumb c**ts driving now days, but a few weeks ago when I went shopping, I parked out in the boonies. I walked by the rear of the car and stopped for an instant to see if the tailights flashed when I set the alarm. When I started to walk forward, I almost ran in to the door of a minivan drivin by some **** on the WRONG side of the road! If I hadnt hesitated, she would have run right in to me! And she didnt seem to ever have seen me. Should be legal to cap the asses of dumb beeches like that. Not that the guys dont do their share of stupid feces. [:@]

Quick Reply: A woman backed into my car last night