Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:43 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default Whipple HELP!

Ok, so I picked up a whipple kit from Danzcool. After fighting with the rain its finally installed.

The kit is installed per instructions, everything torqued properly, and the belt run right. Wires cut and extended like directed, all reconnected with crimp/shrink connectors. The kit is the CA Legal variant and has the closed box air intake.

I installed a walbro high performance fuel pump from Steeda ( http://www.steeda.com/store/walbro-2...099-TU282HP-2/ ).

I have a mail-order tune from BAMA.

Everything is installed, hooked up, coolant filled etc etc, I go to turn it over and I get the following video, as well as codes P2196 and P2198.

HELP! I need to get to work monday, so I need to figure this out asap!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:45 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6t5n8utj3...516_182033.mp4
Old 05-16-2014, 06:59 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

If I did not know better, your plugs are fouling.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:00 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

I would load the stock tune and see how it idles (don't drive it) to see if the tune is causing it. You have a cam in that or is that idling like that from the install?
Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

No Cams. I called the guys from BAMA and we did a bunch of troubleshooting, they sent me a rewrite and I returned the car to stock then reuploaded the rewrite and it runs. It's not opitmized yet but the car runs smoothly. Hands down to Forest from BAMA for workin with me to get it working. Now I need to find a dyno nearby to fine tune it.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dlazrael
No Cams. I called the guys from BAMA and we did a bunch of troubleshooting, they sent me a rewrite and I returned the car to stock then reuploaded the rewrite and it runs. It's not opitmized yet but the car runs smoothly. Hands down to Forest from BAMA for workin with me to get it working. Now I need to find a dyno nearby to fine tune it.
Great! I had a feeling it was the tune. Glad it worked out..
Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Excellent. I know I tried an email tune from them on it and it didn't work too well, I think the CA airbox is what threw them off, but since I had the whipple tune to fall back on I just reloaded that and went for a dyno tune.
But great work by the guy at bama for working out the kinks in the tune. and a fast turnaround also.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:42 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

brenspeeds email tune works great on my car, but I have the open element filter.

That video didn't sound right at all! do you have any mufflers on that car?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

So, I havent been able to do the data logging for BAMA yet, but is it normal for the S/C car to "idle hop"? The car sits at 800rpm then goes to 1000rpm then back again constantly, the idle also hangs and drops slowly when in neutral... these things normal or something I should have BAMA look into?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:53 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dlazrael
So, I havent been able to do the data logging for BAMA yet, but is it normal for the S/C car to "idle hop"? The car sits at 800rpm then goes to 1000rpm then back again constantly, the idle also hangs and drops slowly when in neutral... these things normal or something I should have BAMA look into?
Not normal. Do you have the stock throttle body?

Quick Reply: Whipple HELP!