Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-24-2014, 04:59 AM   #1
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Default Track pack vs brembo, and recaro's worth it?

Hey all,
For various reasons that I don't want to get into I am thinking of trading in my 2013 GT for a 2014 GT.
I am wondering what everyone thinks, the local dealer has 2014 with the Brembo package and the 301A build and the security package. They are "willing to make me a great deal" and I have been there twice asking about it, and I actually drove it today.
My issue is that I "think" I want the track package and the cloth Recaro seats as well, but I am not sure if they are worth the upgrade... but if I get a vehicle with those options I will have to go to another state, Utah actually... apparently northern cali doesn't have any that have both the track pack and Recaros and Reno doesn't have them either.
I figure that this is a good weekend to buy with all the "discounts" and whatnot for memorial day but if I won't be happy I don't want to buy it. If I wait a week until I travel to Utah I can get a car (if it hasn't sold yet) that just has the Recaro seats and the track package and nothing else. I don't want/need any of the other options and I don't want to spend that much anyways. The security/reverse sensor package is nice, but it isn't a deal breaker. Other things are just fanciness that I don't care much about.
I don't need to buy the car, but I would like to get a MT at some point. I thought about the 2015's but I don't want to wait that long. If I get a 2014 now I can wait a year or two and get the SVT 2015/16 whenever it comes out.
Yes I know it is probably a waste of money to upgrade for a short period of time, but I have my reasons and they are good enough for me, so please only comment on if the track pack and/or Recaro seats are worth getting.

I do plan on going to both the drag strip and some auto-crossing, but I will also be using the car as my daily driver, and possibly my only vehicle, so keep that in mind please.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
ticopowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #2
Black Fire
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

Honestly the Track Pack pieces aren't going to change the overall driving experience vs a Brembo car since the suspensions are identical. Since the TP cars are 3.73 equipped the only question would be what gears are in the Brembo car at the local dealer ?
As far as the Recaro's some like them for DD some don't.

Drove a 14 TP GT last night and it felt no different then my `12 Brembo GT w/3.73's.
Black Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

It's all relative- the 3.73/Torsen is nice, and the Recaros are nice. If you can afford it, sure, why not?

Keep in mind, if you're planning to drag race and autocross it (you sound a lot like me) you're still going to want to make some additional upgrades. But that's the fun part of owning a Mustang!

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the replies so far, and I definitely will not be keeping it stock very long . The current one at the dealer has 3.31 gears so it might get better mileage but that isn't why I bought a mustang. I think the better radiator will help, not just the suspension, and I have heard that the torsion helical diff is pretty great. So far I think it is worth waiting for the one I want.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT Brembo Package

I would get the best you can. The track pack.. necessary or not... has better parts. The rear end.. again, may be overkill... is a nice upgrade. I have sat in the recaros.. and loved them. My premium seats aren't bad at all.. but they could hold you in better.. and I personally would get the recaros if I had the opportunity. I daily drive my car, but also try to have fun when I can... and those extra goodies would give me a little piece of mind. It is worth waiting and going through a little extra effort to get what you want. Nothing worse than spending this much on a car only to wish you would have gotten this or that option.

I settled when I bought my first mustang.. and ended up trading and getting my current car as a result. When I ordered mine, I got everything I wanted.. and have been super happy with no regrets since I picked it up. 44,000 mile later, and im still in love.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT

Can't you just buy Recaro seats and install them yourself?

2013 Mustang GT - Race Red, Brembo, 6 Spd Manual, Sync, 3.31's
RWDtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

I could just buy recaros, but they cost about $2500, while they are a $1600 option so it saves almost $1k, plus shipping costs, to get them factory installed.
I just found out a dealer in Reno has a car with the track pack, recaros, the sync package, and floor mats , and my local dealer was willing to do a dealer trade for that car and sell it to me. So I might have them do that... still gets me the rebates and stuff for California (almost $6000 with military discount, vs $3000 in Reno).
Thanks for all the help, and Ill be sure to post if I get it or not.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

There are a lot of different options for the recaros were you comparing apples to apples. Id just buy it and install the recaros.
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #9
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

As far as I can tell they were the same, black cloth, the recaros from ford racing has the ford racing logo on them.
The dealer in Reno knows they have a rare car so they don't want to give it away like the others seem to do right now, so I don't think Ill find the track pack and recaros until I go to utah, I am going to look at some other local dealers and see what they have. I think the track pack is worth it vs just the brembo package so I will try for one of those.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

so with my negative equity in the car I couldn't afford a track pack with recaros, so I got a brembo pack with the electronics package.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:27 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement