Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maybe buying 2014 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:47 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Default maybe buying 2014 5.0

Hey Ive been seriously throwing around the idea of buying 2014 5.0 convertible. So far I havent seen a whole lot in our area that I really like in 50 mile radius. Most I have seen so far has been white or black or loaded with equipment with a super jacked up price. I have been wondering about custom order,has anyone custom ordered before? The ford site seems so limited on setting up your own. Also do any of the 5.0 14's come with a chrome wheel? Most of the options I have seen the chrome only comes on the V6? I would go talk to a dealership but I dont trust most of them. Had many issues with dealers trying funny business. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:18 AM
kanetruck
1st Gear Member

I heard some have ordered the cars. Best deal will be in person, should have discounts and some rebates. I paid low to mid 30,000s for a GT Premium it was listed in low 40,000's.. Check my pics on how it came from dealer w/ 3.55 gears too. I've only added the tint so far.

Find one online and see if your dealer will get it sent to you. Good luck, you will love it.

Here's mine..
Attached Thumbnails maybe buying 2014 5.0-mustang-gt-2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

anyone else have any helpful advice?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Don't be afraid to travel some for the right car or right deal. Never know what might be on another lot. Also, dealer trades are good at times to keep the sale local.

Going into dealer and ordering has always been best for me. Always been able to get deep discounts that way. Don't be afraid to walk out too until the deal is right.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Seems pretty clear to me - if you can't find one within 50 miles you like then you should probably look a bit farther out.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:17 AM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

50 miles isn't much. In the Atlanta area, finding a 2014 5.0 in the color and options I wanted was impossible on top of the fact that the dealers wouldn't budge much on the price. I ended up going out 185 miles to buy my car and it was exactly how I wanted it. A local dealer did a search in the surrounding states and gave me the VIN #. With some help, I was able to locate the car by Googling the VIN. This was back at the end of Feb. It's also to your advantage to reach out to a dealer outside your area. If they want you to drive out that far to buy a car, the price better be worth it. Just make sure you get an email from their manager who approves the price listing the description of the car, stock # and final out the door price. My GT Premium was a bit under 35K out the door (32300 before taxes and tag)

Last edited by adrianp; 06-06-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

travel imho..if u just buy A car you will regret it...buy THE car you want..
you'll love the 2014 for sure...piccies soon as u get it dude
Old 06-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Popeyejon
1st Gear Member

Well, I've done both...Ordering from the factory, you will be able to get the options you want, not what someone thinks might sell from the lot. The downside to this is that you may have a long wait...I waited 4 months to the day and some have waited longer. You also should be able to get a decent deal as you are only using the salesman's time...no car sitting on lot, etc. Most dealers however, will search inventories within a couple hundred miles to find a "match" of what you like. Most often you will not get exactly what you want, but you will not have to wait but a few days or so. You may also take delivery with 1 or 2 hundred miles on the odometer though. You may also have to travel to that dealership if they don't want to make a trade for something to replace the car you want. Just some of the things to consider...You are talking 2015 at this point for a factory order as I doubt you can still order a 2014...Good Luck to you in whichever path you choose.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

I ordered my own car.

Chrome wheels are wildly out of vogue style wise, so they don't have any available on a Mustang. There are polished ones available for the v6, though, but are pretty unpopular.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:29 PM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

when you own a coyote motor, nothing else matters to me

Quick Reply: maybe buying 2014 5.0