Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Going Nuts - Videos Included

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 04:23 PM
astolt12

Default Security System Going Nuts - Videos Included

Hey All,

So recently I've noticed that i've had some troubles at start up with what I believe is the security system...knows as "PATs"?

I've attached a link to a video i just took of the issue. It's intermittent but managed to catch it and then took a video of how i normally start my car before the error happens.

It all seemed to start after I went to the dealership for an H02s issue a few months back and they said "we updated your computer because you had an older version, this should fix the problem" and I think that has something to do with this...

Since then i've seen it intermittently, but more so now than before. I've tried swapping keys as I've read there's a chip in the key that interfaces with the computer. The same error is produced. There are NO aftermarket security systems on the car, just the factory one.

The Error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3k...ature=youtu.be

Normal Start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTmg...ature=youtu.be

I have always let my car go through it's initial setup before trying to turn over the engine like I do in the second video. In the case that I have detected the light going bezerk I haven't tried to start it. I just take the key out, open the door and then try again and so far its worked.

Thoughts????
Old 10-12-2014, 07:30 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

The antitheft light blinks like that when the PATS chip in the key isn't detected/recognized. You should be able to just turn the key to off and back to on without removing the key or opening the door.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:23 AM
astolt12

As of this morning I just went thru my start up procedure like video 2 and the wrench light illuminated. I could hear the fuel pump priming the engine then clicking and doing it again.

I did not start it but instead removed the key and tried again with no faults...fired right up.

What's going on???