Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 03:20 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Cool, so it's a Coyote thing. Thanks for the info.
No, not just a Coyote thing. It's any engine that has to initiate emergency shut down of air/fuel to cut RPMs because some fool is mashing on the gas pedal without a care in the world.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:45 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT

When you bounce off the limiter, it cuts of fuel but the air is still there. That's by definition a lean condition. What do lean conditions make possible? Detonation, or in other words, catastrophic engine failure.

Ultimately, the engine isn't tuned to go above 7,000RPM, and it's artificially being leaned out AT 7,000RPM. Keep bouncing and you will destroy the engine.
I would be surprised if the limiter didn't actually or also cut out or retard the ignition. In that case you would never venture into a lean, detonation region.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:56 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
I sleep like a heroin addict on nyquil, because ultimately I don't give even the tiniest rat turd what you or anyone else here does. My comment was specifically that you're welcome to do whatever you want, I was just relating my experience which is ultimately all these forums are useful for.

No....It's better to not spend 25k that you don't have on a car that you don't need. A 2,000 dollar beater that he could afford would be EXACTLY as useful as his car was before it went to the shop.

I could easily afford payments on a mclaren, that doesn't mean I can afford a mclaren
OMG dude STFU trying to act like you are soo better then everyone and everyone else is a loser. Typical forum ******* who just wants attention on them so they look like some bigshot. Your just a nobody on a ford forum. Get over yourself.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:18 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Jeez. All that sh*t and OP still doesn't have his car back, nor is there an answer from headquarters...I mean I would really like to be a fly on the wall at that place to see what exactly they are talking about.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:33 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Jeez. All that sh*t and OP still doesn't have his car back, nor is there an answer from headquarters...I mean I would really like to be a fly on the wall at that place to see what exactly they are talking about.
I'm pretty sure they aren't talking... I doubt that they care all that much about 1 car owned by 1 young guy... I hate to say it, but Ford can afford to, and might not care about losing a few customers...
On the other hand I hope they fix this, and by fix it I mean that they fix the car for free plus cover the lost value in the car plus whatever income and expenses the OP lost by dealing with this for 3 weeks and counting.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:06 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ticopowell
I'm pretty sure they aren't talking... I doubt that they care all that much about 1 car owned by 1 young guy... I hate to say it, but Ford can afford to, and might not care about losing a few customers...
On the other hand I hope they fix this, and by fix it I mean that they fix the car for free plus cover the lost value in the car plus whatever income and expenses the OP lost by dealing with this for 3 weeks and counting.
I'm preparing myself because I don't think ford is going to do jack ****.

I'm sure I can find some money/lean on some family to help me get her rebuilt and back on the road but this is just utter bull****.

I've been so nice to people, everyone I've interacted with. I haven't walked in to the dealership and risen hell, nor do I have the ***** to do that. Apparently you can't get anything by being nice to people these days.

The warranty on the transmission is there but now that the VIN says the tranny was voided due to "abuse" I'm sure if I take it in for a warranty claim on anything else it'll be "abuse". Bull****!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:14 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJBertrand
I would be surprised if the limiter didn't actually or also cut out or retard the ignition. In that case you would never venture into a lean, detonation region.
Well, theoretically once the ECU detects it's past the REV limit, yes. But there's a brief period, milli- or even nanoseconds, where it hasn't yet shut the ignition off.

The reason I said it would destroy the engine is just a probability thing. Keep doing something marginally dangerous, even relatively benign, and eventually the odds catch up.

There's a reason MSD's 2 step uses ignition to control the engine speed.

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
OMG dude STFU trying to act like you are soo better then everyone and everyone else is a loser. Typical forum ******* who just wants attention on them so they look like some bigshot. Your just a nobody on a ford forum. Get over yourself.
And you're a somebody? My opinion is just as valid as yours, If I **** you off, there's a handy feature called an "ignore list" available in the User CP.

Originally Posted by ticopowell
You'd be surprised how much Ford cares about a single person, it's one of the reasons the first guy to blow up his Coyote Engine got his covered under warranty (after it was initially denied).
Old 12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
JimC

Stay on topic people and stop the personal attacks.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:31 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
So you were born with an unlimited supply of money? Probably not, which means at some point you had to save up to buy something. Which by your reasoning means you couldn't afford it and had no reason to buy it. That or mommy and daddy buy everything you have, Which I don't think is the case.
No, not an unlimited supply, and no, no one buys anything for me (which I'm fine with).

But when I saved up for things, I didn't drain my account when buying them. I always keep a cash reserve for unexpected expenses.

and I'm honestly not trying to sound 'holier-than-though', not trying to be on a high horse, I'm just saying there are ways to protect yourself from being taken advantage of.

I agree, no one should have to do any of this, but this is the world we live in.

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Actually that means you could afford one, you just have better things to spend your hard earned money on.
The actual cost of owning a car is not limited to it's retail value. It involves insurance cost, maintenance cost, storage cost, and probably a whole lot more.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in many places but knowing my luck, I'd probably end up being swatted.

Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees