Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 01:57 PM
bud636
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by movielover40
I got a second letter to call dealership so I called them today and they said their still waiting on parts and it could be a while.
I am still holding on the first letter? Must really be important, lol
Old 12-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ucinn
I stopped by my dealer yesterday and the parts are in. Mine is scheduled but he tells me that all cars on the recall don't need them replaced, they have to inspect it first..so they are going to inspect mine and replace if it needs it?
What is there to inspect?
Old 12-20-2015, 07:49 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

I stopped by my dealer yesterday and the parts are in. Mine is scheduled but he tells me that all cars on the recall don't need them replaced, they have to inspect it first..so they are going to inspect mine and replace if it needs it?
sounds like horse****; the recall fix is to replace the inflator canister. The only "inspection" they could do is ensure you haven't already had it replaced.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:52 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

That's what i was assuming too, hopefully they just replace it and I won't have to worry about it.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:13 PM
bud636
1st Gear Member

That's what i was assuming too, hopefully they just replace it and I won't have to worry about it.
Got my inspection letter today,wonder what's next ?
Old 12-22-2015, 08:49 AM
bud636
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bud636
Got my inspection letter today,wonder what's next ?
My recall is for the temporary fix or interim repair as they phrase it. 14B09 takata driver airbag inflator replacement. Sounds like the inflator tank replacement with the recall to be completed at another time.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Still waiting for my 'second' letter letting me know my local ford has the parts... I wonder if the Southwest will take longer for that notice since we were the last to be included in the initial recall?
Old 12-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Still waiting for my 'second' letter letting me know my local ford has the parts... I wonder if the Southwest will take longer for that notice since we were the last to be included in the initial recall?
I'm in Northern California, and still waiting for the second letter.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:20 PM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

I received the notice to bring my car in for replacement to the dealership yesterday. I called the dealership, gave them all my information, and he said he would call me back and tell me when to bring it in -- probably next week. I'm not holding nt breath.

Despite my local dealership bragging about their customer service, they aren't very good at contacting customers or letting them know they don't have the part after you have sat around for three hours.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteveDwsn

Despite my local dealership bragging about their customer service, they aren't very good at contacting customers or letting them know they don't have the part after you have sat around for three hours.
Did you really have to mention that? lol It brings back bad memories of the earlier driver side airbag recall. I made an appointment to have the work done. After sitting in the waiting room for about an hour, they said they couldn't do the work that day. They said Ford required them to inspect the vehicle before the dealership could order the part. I went home (round trip 1.5 hours plus gas plus bridge toll) and looked at the recall information on the web. There was no requirement for an inspection. If your VIN was subject to the recall, then that was it. They finally backed down and admitted that they had made the appointment, but didn't have the part. I did get a free multi-point inspection and Mustang cap for my trouble. They had even offered to come to my home, pick up the car, take it to the dealership, and return the car. No thanks; I'll drive my own car. They offered to detail the car. No thanks; I do that myself. It's amazing the BS you have to put up with sometimes. You're not alone, bro.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall