Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI - Cold Air Intake - No Benefit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:17 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

Jwogg, could you update your sig to have a more recent rwhp and torque number, 1 year ago is too far back. with all the apparent advancements in dyno tech, you should be sitting about at least 405.63 HP, probly just enough more to get better 1/4 times. right? because dyno?
Old 09-27-2016, 10:22 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRamsdell
Jwogg, could you update your sig to have a more recent rwhp and torque number, 1 year ago is too far back. with all the apparent advancements in dyno tech, you should be sitting about at least 405.63 HP, probly just enough more to get better 1/4 times. right? because dyno?
lmao!
Old 09-28-2016, 12:45 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Internet dyno racers.Why do I bother. Let's compare slips bitches. You got the same 400ish that I do. Let's see you break out of the 12s. **** a dyno! Any of you run your weak sauce cars? No? Gotcha, doing everything from behind a keyboard. The different intake on the gt350 is a mind **** from ford right? Everyone should have just got a new edge. Thank god we got internet engineers on this sight to keep us straight. Not ever CAI requires a tune. Where does the extra power come from those intakes? Butterfly's or magic? When you guys wanna compare slips instead of dyno results. I'll stop back in. But it looks like a me all you got is a dyno run. And you don't even believe the numbers. That and a bunch of YouTube facts.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 09-28-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:38 PM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Internet dyno racers.Why do I bother. Let's compare slips bitches. You got the same 400ish that I do. Let's see you break out of the 12s. **** a dyno! Any of you run your weak sauce cars? No? Gotcha, doing everything from behind a keyboard. The different intake on the gt350 is a mind **** from ford right? Everyone should have just got a new edge. Thank god we got internet engineers on this sight to keep us straight. Not ever CAI requires a tune. Where does the extra power come from those intakes? Butterfly's or magic? When you guys wanna compare slips instead of dyno results. I'll stop back in. But it looks like a me all you got is a dyno run. And you don't even believe the numbers. That and a bunch of YouTube facts.
wanna see my PHD in fluid dynamics?
Old 09-28-2016, 02:07 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt

time slips? you mean even more variables to account for? surface prep, grip, reaction time, tire temp, tire pressure, suspension setup, spring rates, etc. you are getting stupid trying to prove your point.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:38 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRamsdell
wanna see my PHD in fluid dynamics?
No I want to see the bench testing you've done on every CAI out there. I could care less about about a kid. That went to school for 6 years. And makes 50 grand a year with a metric ton of student debt living in moms basement!

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 09-28-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:42 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666

time slips? you mean even more variables to account for? surface prep, grip, reaction time, tire temp, tire pressure, suspension setup, spring rates, etc. you are getting stupid trying to prove your point.
You got memes, internet knowledge and one dyno sheet. No slips Correct? I'm done with you kids. I was building cars when you were pooping in diapers. Internet facts are exactly that! Stuff you read on the interwebs. Lets all go to youtube to back up our claims. Everyone knows that's the most scientific place on earth. Everyone can tell me what works on the coyote. But all you clowns are driving around 20 year old cars. So please underwhelm me some more with your second hand interweb facts.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 09-28-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:45 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

if somebody posts einsteins theory of relativity online, it renders it incorrect using your logic. if you are done, then be done. dont go away mad, just go away.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

JWOG all I want is don't anyone give me **** if you see my tag that says
435HP5.0 it's on the window sticker and that's why I bought it
and claiming it, fact that getting 13.5 MPG around town there's a
bunch under hood LOL
Old 09-29-2016, 02:56 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
thats why gains from air intakes alone are single digits non existent, or not published by the companies. they have no problem however posting gains with a tune, because the tune makes the power
I think most of us agree upon that fact.
However not all cold air intakes are made equal. Some are pretty good and others are wallet-lightening garbage, especially the "no tuned required" versions.

Last edited by Dino Dino Bambino; 09-29-2016 at 02:58 AM.

Quick Reply: CAI - Cold Air Intake - No Benefit