Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Corrosion

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Thats good they are gonna blend it in. My paint job was bit more but I had a little detail work done on my eleanor hood. You might consider a different hood especially for 1200.
That's what I was thinking. $1200. Ouch. Spend $700 and get something a little unique. Plus, if the first hood had issues, what guarantee do you have the next one doesn't.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:46 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

The guarantee is that you will most likely have issues down the road with hardly any help from ford. For me the decision was easy but some its not. Comes down to how cash strong people are. So I understand why this can be a head scratcher for some and others not such a big deal.

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
That's what I was thinking. $1200. Ouch. Spend $700 and get something a little unique. Plus, if the first hood had issues, what guarantee do you have the next one doesn't.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 PM
kevsgt
2nd Gear Member

different shop quoted $600, with keeping original hood and didn't think he needed to blend into fenders. Said something about doing the blend more near the edge of the hood before it reaches the fenders.