Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Discussion on 2011 Colours

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Blue Dragoon
1st Gear Member

Default Discussion on 2011 Colours

I'm still undecided as to what colour I should get when I order my 2011 V6 and to be frank I am kind of disappointed by Ford's lack of a variety of colours. Let's examine what they are offering:

Black: It's hard for a mustang to look bad in black.

Grabber Blue: Not my cup of tea, unless it has enough black to contrast the blue like I see many grabber blue owners have.

Ingot Silver: A nice silver, but it turns an awesome car into a generic car.

Kona Blue Metallic: I see two different pictures of this colour. One looks beautiful in bright light at just the right angle. The other looks dull and too dark. They should have brightened it slightly like the guardsman blue on the 60s cobras.

Performance White: Simple and goes with a lot of colours for striping.

Race Red: Now this is what I like. Bold but not too much like grabber blue.

Red Candy Metallic Clearcoat: Dull. This is the kind of colour Rental places buy.

Sterling Grey Metallic: I like this. It gives it a strong rocky look.

So Ford is offering 8 colours for the 2011 year. It seems so limited. White, Greys, Black, Reds, and Blues. I'm leaning towards Kona Blue Metallic with white stripes and saddle interior.

What's your guys' opinions on the lineup of colours Ford is offering?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Since Yellow isn't available yet ... if I were ordering a 2011 today I would have to get Sterling Grey with Saddle Interior. The Camaro and Challenger do have more interesting colors for sure ...
Old 04-08-2010, 09:51 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

Red. Traditional Mustang color and yet a good bit of flexibility for aftermarket body work on it.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

I think the available colors are sufficient, except maybe the lack of yellow. As for the interior, I prefer black, regardless of exterior color. It looks nicer and harder to stain (or harder to notice it, anyways).

And, I'm just curious. By stripes, do you mean the tape stripes or the racing stripes? I don't really care for the tape stripes, but that's just me. If you are getting a V6 with racing stripes, that means you're getting the Premium V6. If that's the case, can I ask what the reason is for not just getting a 5.0?

If you are getting the V6 with the Sports Appearance package, then forget I said anything.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

No Grabber Orange? Eh
Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Of course I'ma be biased.

The best Mustang is a black Mustang.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:23 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Sorry but love to stand out love my Grabber blue!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Blue Dragoon
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by m0nkeydump
I think the available colors are sufficient, except maybe the lack of yellow. As for the interior, I prefer black, regardless of exterior color. It looks nicer and harder to stain (or harder to notice it, anyways).

And, I'm just curious. By stripes, do you mean the tape stripes or the racing stripes? I don't really care for the tape stripes, but that's just me. If you are getting a V6 with racing stripes, that means you're getting the Premium V6. If that's the case, can I ask what the reason is for not just getting a 5.0?

If you are getting the V6 with the Sports Appearance package, then forget I said anything.
By stripes I mean racing stripes along with shelby-style side stripes with the word DRAGOON where GT500 would be. It's a theme I'm thinking of.

Yes I'll be getting the pony package.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

I want to see yellow come back!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

I think my black looks better mean lol. I have always looked the bright red and dark grey too though.

Quick Reply: Discussion on 2011 Colours