Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2010-current S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #11
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang Gt Premium

So there are holes in the trunk lid for the piece. Damn Guess i will have to leave that thing on.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Burns331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Camaro LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns331 View Post
So there are holes in the trunk lid for the piece. Damn Guess i will have to leave that thing on.
you say trunk lid. are you talking about the rear spoiler or the decklid panel?
-NEXT- Honda CBR600rr or Yamaha r6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGJafbxk1S8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdkrgYxCSTQ
markkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #13
Burns331
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang Gt Premium

I believe the title of the thread is deck lid panel. I have the pedestal spoiler.
Burns331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT

I believe there are no holes for the deck lid panel (yet you seem to be concerned that there are holes like for the spoiler) thus the confusion.
STANGmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Camaro LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGmole View Post
I believe there are no holes for the deck lid panel (yet you seem to be concerned that there are holes like for the spoiler) thus the confusion.
thank you
-NEXT- Honda CBR600rr or Yamaha r6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGJafbxk1S8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdkrgYxCSTQ
markkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #16
RickD2xNE

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang Conv (want)
Thumbs up decklid panel

Just received a custom decklid panel from American Muscle, made by MMD.
This is for my 2014 Mustang Conv. The instructions from MMD sez to remove the two torx screws inside the trunk, then use pry tools to left up the decklid it's held in place by 12 clips. Removing the clips with softsided interior tools, then install 3M adhesive tape to install the new decklid. You can find instructions on American Muscle website. Rick
RickD2xNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
PeteInFlorida
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford, Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD2xNE View Post
Just received a custom decklid panel from American Muscle, made by MMD.
This is for my 2014 Mustang Conv. The instructions from MMD sez to remove the two torx screws inside the trunk, then use pry tools to left up the decklid it's held in place by 12 clips. Removing the clips with softsided interior tools, then install 3M adhesive tape to install the new decklid. You can find instructions on American Muscle website. Rick
RickD2xNE is correct. If you don't like the look of that hideous fake fuel cap panel, you can order from CJponyparts. They have a couple of the replacement types that should make you happy. I hated mine, plus the ugly factory panel had a gap from the panel to the trunk lid. Ford warrantied it, but the new one was almost as bad as the original. But RickD2 is correct about the torx screws and clips.
PeteInFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, 2011, deck, decklid, factory, forums, gt, lid, mustang, panel, removal, remove, removing, trim, v6