Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Which color did you pick and why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Have you checked out the colors in person? Or did you just order based on the "preview?"
I saw them all at the dealer when I went to order....just something about the candy red caught my eye. I did like the yellow a lot too.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 AM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big_T_Judge
I saw them all at the dealer when I went to order....just something about the candy red caught my eye. I did like the yellow a lot too.
Yeah it is a great color. I thought you just picked a color based off the preview from Ford's build site, that would be pretty
Old 03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Kona blue,

The first time I saw this color was at night under the dealership lights....and it reminded me of that electrical type glow....It was a "you had me at hello" type moment.
From then on I had two requirements for a new mustang: Kona blue, and 5sp.....I ended up with both

Happy camper here!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:03 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kona6Stang10
Kona blue,

The first time I saw this color was at night under the dealership lights....and it reminded me of that electrical type glow....It was a "you had me at hello" type moment.
From then on I had two requirements for a new mustang: Kona blue, and 5sp.....I ended up with both

Happy camper here!
I do like Kona. My only thing about it, it's so dark that I'm afraid I'm going to run into the same issues i would have with black. Having to always clean it and try to keep it clean to have it look nice.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

Vista Blue, just looks awesome with the wheels in the sun. If I were to buy a new Stang right now, I would probably go with white, however. I love my blue, but it is VERY hard to keep clean, similar to black. It shows dust within a half hour of a full wash, which drives me nuts. I love murdered black stangs, but no way I could deal with that. I don't like the new darker Kona blue as well as Vista, so white it would be, maybe with red interior.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AZAlloy
I do like Kona. My only thing about it, it's so dark that I'm afraid I'm going to run into the same issues i would have with black. Having to always clean it and try to keep it clean to have it look nice.
It's not nearly as bad as black to keep looking good.
It's a high metallic paint, I might be the exception to the rule....but I've never had problems with paint swirls or anything like that (of course I've had a job as a detailer since I've owned the car) Knock on wood*

It looks good whether it's clean or dirty* but it does get a little bit purple if it gets really dirty lol.
So I never go more than a week between washes and a fresh detail spray.
I'm actually breaking that rule right now....I detailed dads M3 saturday instead of doing mine....lol but I got to drive the M all day, so it was worth it
Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

good idea for color choice. I went black because it was more classic muscle than shiny metallic which in My opinion looks more sporty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XW2H9QCbmw
Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

heres mine. love this color
Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 AM
wmdspalmer
1st Gear Member

Is that a flat black? Looks mean.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

yep it is. just ordered the gt 500 mufflers for it.

Quick Reply: Which color did you pick and why?