Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Custom Logo

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:14 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Default Custom Logo

I am about to purchase a 2012 V6 and while talking to the Motorsports Accessories manager at the dealer, we were talking about rocker stripes, and he mentioned that I could put pretty much anything I wanted on the rockers because their stripes are cut out right there (to avoid the problem of mixing/matching body mods).

He said a lot of people were doing things like Boss stripes, or GT-350 on the rockers, but given that it's a V6, I felt funny about put graphics or logos on the car that implied it was a Boss or a Shelby, so I tried to come up with something that besppoke of Ford's racing history, yet didn't use other Mustang models as a basis for the logo.

I came up with the following logo for use as fender badges and/or a grille badge:

The black areas would be either black for the OEM grille, or body color if used as a fender badge, the white outlines represents raised edges that would remain polished aluminum, and the blue and red areas would be painted. Of course, paint color could be changed on a whim. I was also thinking it could be made less bulky by using connecting sprues between letters/logos instead of a solid background.

I found a place on the internet that would be able to make these (to save a few bucks, I would paint mine myself).

Comments and opinions are welcomed.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Here's a "skeletonized" version that omits the black background. I also tried to simulate a polished appearance on the raised edges. As in the last version, the black is the sprue that connects the parts into a single piece and would be either painted black for the oem grille, or body color if used as a fender badge.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Oops - forgot to post the image:

Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 AM
scottw2010
1st Gear Member

Not for me but I like the stock look. If you like it, get it put on.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Or maybe this on the grille and (a smaller version) on the passenger side dashboard:

Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

Out of the 3, the last one is really slick. Not sure how you got from custom rocker stripes to the front grille. Not sure what color car or rocker stripe you would get, but that would look nice as a rocker stripe, the logo at the front and the two tone silver stripe along the rest of the rocker.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by majik755
Out of the 3, the last one is really slick. Not sure how you got from custom rocker stripes to the front grille. Not sure what color car or rocker stripe you would get, but that would look nice as a rocker stripe, the logo at the front and the two tone silver stripe along the rest of the rocker.
Well, I wasn't real crazy about text on the rocker stripes, and my thought processes went from there to the grille. A custom emblem would be kinda cool, and even better, one of a kind (for a while at least). I'm currently in negotiation with Billet Badges regarding the 3rd one (which I like *much* better anyway).

The car is going to be white, and stripes are going to be Kona blue, and I'm considering having a set of letters for the deck lid and hood that spell "DAYTONA". I may not put rocker stripes on it at all at this point.

BTW, I wouldn't mind if someone else wanted to have the same badge made, so if anyone wants to run with any of these, be my guest.

I was also considering a checkered flag instead of the tri-bar as a variation on the theme, as well as the words "SUPER COUPE" for GT's or turbo-charged cars.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Alright. This is the last one. I promise. I decided "Daytona Coupe" might be a little pretentious, so I changed it to the following:

And then pasted the badge onto an image of a car for perspective:

I think this is the one.