Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Looking for Pics of any GT500 spoilers if you got them...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Default Looking for Pics of any GT500 spoilers if you got them...

Ok... Got a couple questions for you... Looking for feedback and experiences...

I want to replace the OEM low profile decklid spoiler with either the 4 pedestal GT/CS style spoiler or (most likely) the Shelby GT500 style spoiler. I'm partial towards the Shelby style more, but wanted to know:

1) I see tons of pre-painted spoilers on eBay... Anyone have any experience with those? Any vendors you recommend or say to steer clear of? Has anyone had a Kona Blue Metallic part pre-painted? How did it match? Got Pics? Which do you prefer?

and 2) Will either require drilling into my decklid? If so, what about genuine Ford OEM parts? Will they require drilling too? Or does my trunk already have the required holes since it came with the standard GT spoiler?

Thanks,
Don
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

3DCarbon makes a GT-500 spoiler that's REAL close to the genuine article. You can get them pretty cheap unpainted ($200) from American Muscle.

Also, American Muscle sells another brand (not sure who makes it) pre-painted for $329, and people that have ordered them pre-painted seem to be happy with the color match. As long as your car is fairly new (little/no fading due to sunlight), I wouldn't worry.

BTW, the AmericanMuscle site has lots of pics on their site with those spoilers mounted on cars.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
3DCarbon makes a GT-500 spoiler that's REAL close to the genuine article. You can get them pretty cheap unpainted ($200) from American Muscle.

Also, American Muscle sells another brand (not sure who makes it) pre-painted for $329, and people that have ordered them pre-painted seem to be happy with the color match. As long as your car is fairly new (little/no fading due to sunlight), I wouldn't worry.

BTW, the AmericanMuscle site has lots of pics on their site with those spoilers mounted on cars.
Yeah, I was perusing around their site looking at those... Reason I was looking for feedback and pics was that I was more curious about the ones listed on eBay... The pre-painted ones can be had for under $160 shipped... Since the Kona Blue has so much metallic flake in it, I was wondering if these sellers were able to provide quality paint jobs that matched the OEM paints... flecks and and all...

If the ones on eBay aren't in line with the AM quality, I'll just order through them, but I was hoping to save a (comparably) large chunk of change (almost 50% savings).
Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

Here is my stock Ford spoiler on my 2012 GT500 SVTPP.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Beautiful GT500 mk70ss... I really do love the look of the GT500 spoiler the more I look at it...

Anyone have experience with the pre-painted parts on eBay that they could post up pics and opinions?

Don
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Sorry, no experience with the eBay sellers. I got mine for around $280 painted from CJ Pony Parts. Paint match was excellent.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Thanks... I just checked their site and price has been bumped up to $329 painted... I found a vendor in eBay selling the same 3DCarbon spoiler pre-painted for $299. I am waiting on a call back from a local body shop I know to see what they charge to paint a spoiler. We'll see soon... Hopefully..

Don
Old 04-16-2012, 03:49 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

Ive bought twice from American Muscle, and hard excellent luck with their prepainted parts.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Thanks... I just checked their site and price has been bumped up to $329 painted... I found a vendor in eBay selling the same 3DCarbon spoiler pre-painted for $299. I am waiting on a call back from a local body shop I know to see what they charge to paint a spoiler. We'll see soon... Hopefully..

Don
That's their regular price. At the time that I bought it, they would regularly put it on sale for around $280. You should keep your eye on it within the next several weeks.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Unclenard
1st Gear Member

Not sure about the eBay ones, I got the pre-painted one from AM. The color match is perfect, the quality was great. The only thing I wish they did a little better with was the under side of the ends of the spoiler. When I open the trunk the part of the spoiler that sticks out past the trunk could have been finished a little bit better to my liking. We all look for the best deals but sometimes you get what you pay for and usually great customer service is worth a few extra bucks.

Quick Reply: Looking for Pics of any GT500 spoilers if you got them...