Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Just ordered the first mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Dharma

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
When I mentioned wing, I meant like what mine has... spoiler, wing, bump on the trunk... whatever.

^^^ That, or maybe the CS wing/spoiler/bump is as far as I will go.
And that is a look I can get behind

I'll probably be closer to a decision on it after I get the side scoops on (more likely after that and the AMR rims.)
Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 PM
*WarMachine*

Originally Posted by Dharma
I know. Black was my first choice but the one I was after got sold before I pulled the trigger on the purchase. Fortunately a friend of mine was driving a '12 rental in black (thanks to the tragic loss of her Sentra.) and it showed every bit of grime that came into contact. I'd have to live next door to a car wash to keep it looking nice so I was kind of waffling. The salesman I was working with was, fortunately, a prescient man and had lined up a sterling gray that he could get me. They had a GT convertible on the lot and it looked good on a cloudy rainy day so I said /cringe, let's do it.

I'd committed to writing the single largest check I've ever written.

Then I took delivery on a cloudless summer day and saw the thing in sunlight. It's like looking at a stealthed starship the way your eyes can't seem to quite get the silhouette. And then you get behind the wheel and realize you can't really see where the car ends and the road begins.

It's still turning heads everywhere I go.
I once said something similar to my wife regarding sterling grey having a camoflage effect in the right light. Thanks for making me fell not so crazy.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Dharma

Originally Posted by *WarMachine*
I once said something similar to my wife regarding sterling grey having a camoflage effect in the right light. Thanks for making me fell not so crazy.

You most certainly are no crazy. Today was a very bright winter day in the northwest and it was happening again. When driving down the interstate I couldn't tell where the end of the nose was thanks to the finish and the reflections.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Dharma

So I'm waiting for the side scoops to come in and I'm trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to "gray out" the exhaust tips. Those and my license plate frames are about all the chrome left on the exterior and I'm trying to get rid of that. The license frames are easy but what's the best way to go on the exhaust (without getting a new one, that's a bit off as I want the cosmetic stuff done first.)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

The SGM does have a very Stealthy look to it.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Dharma

Side scoops were put on last weekend. It was finally bright enough to get some pics today:

Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looking good!
Are the louvers and side scoops attached by 3M tape?
New wheels will really change the look of the car. =-)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Mustang is coming along great. New suggestion, shorty antenna.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Wow, those quarter-window scoops are freakin' huge. Are they from Cervini?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dharma
So I'm waiting for the side scoops to come in and I'm trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to "gray out" the exhaust tips. Those and my license plate frames are about all the chrome left on the exterior and I'm trying to get rid of that. The license frames are easy but what's the best way to go on the exhaust (without getting a new one, that's a bit off as I want the cosmetic stuff done first.)
Cut the tips off, take them in to be powdercoated, and then have them welded back on. Either that, or buy some tips, have them powercoated, and take them to a muffler shop 9with your car), and have them put the new tips on.

You can get powdercoating in pretty much any color you ca, think of, and in various stages of gloss.

Quick Reply: Just ordered the first mod