Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Just ordered the first mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Dharma

Default Just ordered the first mod

And before anyone gets on me I admit to being a total coward about it. It's under warranty so I'm a bit cautious. I just ordered a set of color matched mirror covers for my '13. I figure that baby steps is a good way to go and for the cost it should be a nice touch. Next up is likely the louvers
Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Dharma
And before anyone gets on me I admit to being a total coward about it. It's under warranty so I'm a bit cautious. I just ordered a set of color matched mirror covers for my '13. I figure that baby steps is a good way to go and for the cost it should be a nice touch. Next up is likely the louvers
Hey Dharma,

Installing or using an aftermarket product won't necessarily void your warranty. If the product fails, however, or if it causes a Ford part to fail, then the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) wouldn't be covered by your warranty.

If you have any questions, you can send me a PM. Otherwise, enjoy your 'Stang and have a great weekend!

Crystal
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome to the Forum!
Installing colored mirror covers and painted quarter panel window louvers will add a nice touch. Be sure to take pics and post on the forum, once you get everything installed!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

agreed on the picture taking of your progress.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Dharma

The mirror covers came in a day or so ago and I installed them. For any other color this would really pop. Fortunately they did exactly what I hoped for. Your eyes tend to slip off of it. It's like the stealth in scifi flicks. I just ordered Eleanor quarter window scoops and a black out kit that is also color matched. They should be here Monday. I can't wait to give them a look. I did take pics of the mirror covers but I haven't given them a look to see if they are worth anything. Next update,,, soonish?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Dharma

And so it begins. Here's what she looked like the day she came home with me:

Now the first two mods are installed and today was finally a decent enough day for pics:

The Ealanor scoops do give it an air of badassness. The paint matched mirror covers however give it a dinguished feel.

Next up is a set of side scoops and paint matched tail light bezels. I should get those done in early Jan.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Next Mods should be a set of staggered 19's, then drop it at least 1.5"

Add a wing, and a CATBACK system (and when I say CAT back, I mean yanking the factory H-pipe and replacing it with an X-pipe.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:05 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dharma
And so it begins. Here's what she looked like the day she came home with me:

Now the first two mods are installed and today was finally a decent enough day for pics:

The Ealanor scoops do give it an air of badassness. The paint matched mirror covers however give it a dinguished feel.

Next up is a set of side scoops and paint matched tail light bezels. I should get those done in early Jan.
Looks good! Might consider some billet interior upgrades?

http://www.uprproducts.com/05-09-interior.html
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Dharma

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
Next Mods should be a set of staggered 19's, then drop it at least 1.5"
Not sure about staggering but there's a set of 19's in charcoal gray from American Muscle that will be going on in early spring when I get my bonus check. Lowering is on the table and likely going to happen in the summer if I go with it. 1.5" is the max I'll go though as I'm enjoying the ease of getting in and out of the rig as compared to my old 2000.

Add a wing,
If you are talking just a rear spoiler I'm cool with it. If you are talking something like this:

That ain't happening as I consider it affront to all things decent

and a CATBACK system (and when I say CAT back, I mean yanking the factory H-pipe and replacing it with an X-pipe.
Definitely on the table but I'm looking at the cosmetics being mostly done before I do a lot to the mechanics of the car.

Though I've heard some exhaust recordings that make an already evil sounding V6 sound absolutely frightening.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Dharma

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Looks good! Might consider some billet interior upgrades?

http://www.uprproducts.com/05-09-interior.html
I'm still a bit torn on billet mods. I like them but am not sure they fit the theme I'm working with on this car. Good news though, the freind I sold my 2000 to has an insurance settlement coming in the next few months and is looking at upgrading to an S197 and she is all about the shiny stuff and will likely be up for that.

Quick Reply: Just ordered the first mod