Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Procal Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Troponin
1st Gear Member

Default Procal Tune

I am sure this has been brought up many times, but I cannot find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone has gotten any consistent dyno numbers on this tune. I have "heard" that there were a few cases of a loss of power from it, but I have also "heard" that, those losses might not have accounted for any power picked up in the low end. Was thinking of getting the Procal soon, since my car only has 50 miles on it so far, then, within two years, getting one of the race tunes from Bama or similar company.

I would just hate to void my warranty so early, but would love to wake the car up a bit in the low end. Not really going to be modding the car heavily...cat back, tune, wheels and tires.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Stay untuned and go easy for a bit then get bama tuned at like 3-5k miles after youve run it hard quite a few times while stock sure theres no random engine flukes that need to be warrantied. Procal is literally useless from what ive read and seen in dyno results.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Troponin
I am sure this has been brought up many times, but I cannot find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone has gotten any consistent dyno numbers on this tune. I have "heard" that there were a few cases of a loss of power from it, but I have also "heard" that, those losses might not have accounted for any power picked up in the low end. Was thinking of getting the Procal soon, since my car only has 50 miles on it so far, then, within two years, getting one of the race tunes from Bama or similar company.

I would just hate to void my warranty so early, but would love to wake the car up a bit in the low end. Not really going to be modding the car heavily...cat back, tune, wheels and tires.
Hey,

I'm glad to hear you have interest in eventually going with the Bama tunes, I know you wont be disappointed if you go that route.

The Procal tuner and tunes are not the best to say the least. I have heard of some people losing power as well, and imagine they are a quite conservative tune at best.

To be honest Ford should not be able to void your warranty by simply installing the tunes from us. Ford would have to prove that our tunes caused whatever malfunction to occur.

Bama tunes more Mustangs than anyone else in the world, so these kind of issues are few and far between. Bama also offers a warranty with their tunes specifically for the new engines up to 36k miles. Even though the car is quite new I would have no concerns throwing a Bama tune on there right away.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to get back in touch with myself or our Bama team. Best of luck!

-Dan