Notices
GT350 S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the new GT350 Mustang.

Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Caballus

First time here, so hopefully this works.

I ordered a 2016 GT350. Blk (no stripe) with technology pkg.

Will get it in March/Apr. Used military sales, so paid a little less than MSRP. Only 29 were sold world-wide through this system; and selections were made through a lottery system. Got lucky.

Next step is to order winter tires/wheels--there goes the savings.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Caballus

First time here, so hopefully this works.

I ordered a 2016 GT350. Blk (no stripe) with technology pkg.

Will get it in March/Apr. Used military sales, so paid a little less than MSRP. Only 29 were sold world-wide through this system; and selections were made through a lottery system. Got lucky.

Next step is to order winter tires/wheels--there goes the savings.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:22 AM
rjwz28

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Well, that's good news! I hope they do that with the "R's" too in a way that shows respect for the average Ford customer that has to work damned hard saving to buy their dream car!

I don't like any company publishing a price (MSRP) & then winking at the dealer saying, "Get as much as traffic will bear!" I think it shows a lack of respect of the average guy that has supported that company with years of purchases of their product! Why not just do away with the MSRP, & advertise these low production cars at each dealership & auction them off to the highest bidder! Let me be VERY clear that it's none of my business" if a person wants to pay an additional $10 or $20K premium to "be allowed to buy" a car..... but if I was a billionaire I still wouldn't do it. I sent a letter to a local dealer trying to make over $24K profit on a 50th Year Anniversary Model! I told the Gen. Manager I would never buy anything at all from that dealership. A salesman at the dealership told me privately he felt the same, but needed a paycheck. Of course it's a dealer's "legal" right to sell a Mustang at any price, but it tells me a lot about how the dealer looks at the idea of providing "value" for their customers. It's probably legal to sell a quart of water for $10. to a person that is stranded in the desert, but I don't have to respect those who do it! I don't need any car that much! I don't mean to irritate GT 350 lovers! Just expressing one guy's opinion! I hate to agree with AK (ever), but some guys work damned hard to come up with the MSRP, & that's what a car should be sold for if you respect Ford Customers! End of rant! Sorry!
Unfortunately, it still varies considerably from dealer to dealer. It would be nice if the manufacturers were to do something about it.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Unfortunately, it still varies considerably from dealer to dealer. It would be nice if the manufacturers were to do something about it.
I guess all you can do is to take the time to check with a lot of dealers through email. That's what I did & probably saved $500. per hour doing it. Hope it works on a GT 350. If a "Customer Order" doesn't come out of the dealer's allocation, they may deal quietly on one & then get a higher price on a lot sale. I'm pretty sure the price I got on the 2016 I ordered would never happen on a car on the lot! Mustangs sell too well!
Old 10-11-2015, 03:59 AM
rjwz28

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I guess all you can do is to take the time to check with a lot of dealers through email. That's what I did & probably saved $500. per hour doing it.
That's what I did on my last truck
Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rjwz28
That's what I did on my last truck
Good for you! Most anyone can save easily over $3,000 by
"ORDERING" a Mustang through email bids & squeezing for a better deal. If you can wait for a car or truck it is the only way to go!

I just got an email from a dealership that wanted to sell me a 2016 Mustang. It was the stealership trying to make a $24K markup on a 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang. I sent an email to their GM telling them what I have expressed here about price gouging on "limited production models". I told him their policy has cost them two orders for Mustangs, mine, & one being from a friend wanting a GT 350. Who knows if it will change anything, but I'm one of those guys that goes through life trying to change things & irritating people! Oh well, I'm not going to change at 73, because I know I've won a few along the way! If something stinks.... at very least, I say so, & that irritates some!

Note my signature below & join the fight against buying our government's leaders! Yes, I know that's off topic.... so I'll stop!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-11-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:09 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

AK, Do you want a GT 350 "R", or just the standard girls model GT 350?? D: Just kidding AK guys! I wouldn't mistreat a nice member!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-15-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:44 PM
sethquadz

I was looking at saving up for one before I bought my '15 GT. I was talking to Bozard Ford in Jacksonville, FL. The salesmen there said they were going to get them and sell them for MSRP. Not sure if those were just 350s or 350Rs though
Old 10-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sethquadz
I was looking at saving up for one before I bought my '15 GT. I was talking to Bozard Ford in Jacksonville, FL. The salesmen there said they were going to get them and sell them for MSRP. Not sure if those were just 350s or 350Rs though
That's the kind of dealerships we should support! I told the owner of the dealership where I ordered my 2016 GT that one of the main reasons I bought there was because his Service Manager is reasonable towards owners who modify Mustangs (i.e. Superchargers)! I didn't mention that I got the best price their too.... which was a win/win from my point of view, but I wanted to give a compliment to the Service Manager! Buy where you get treated best, & "ordering" a Mustang is the best way to find that out!

Signed,

"Not Man Enough To Buy A GT 350!"
Old 10-17-2015, 03:22 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Well so far dealers don't want to play, maybe I'll just sell most of my crap, and buy a van for cash, move to the lower 48, and live by the river.

Quick Reply: Orders