Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

my 2011 6cyl in shop tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

The dealer said was nothing wrong, had car a week said was all in my mind, sorry thought I said that above, I just picked up though and feels like a new clutch, nice and stiff, lots of spring in it, the vibration we all feel around 2300 to 3000 rpm is not much as well, so if nothing was wrong why does it feel ...for lack of a better word, newer
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
The dealer said was nothing wrong, had car a week said was all in my mind, sorry thought I said that above, I just picked up though and feels like a new clutch, nice and stiff, lots of spring in it, the vibration we all feel around 2300 to 3000 rpm is not much as well, so if nothing was wrong why does it feel ...for lack of a better word, newer
Maybe because you haven't driven it in a week, and forgot how it feels?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Takes more than a week to forget how a car runs and felels for me...and fact the dealer never handed me any paperwork on what was done, but 3 days later sent me....and I qoute" Inspected inner workings of clutch housing, replaced cluch plate bolts and springs, "
Nothing wrong guess they wanted to add new parts while in there, new springs??? maybe why I feel more resistance? oh well good luck if anyone has same issues I had.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:37 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I hate when the dealer does me like that. I know you want that green Challenger, but from experience, Dodge dealerships suck even more.

Just get some gears and drive the **** out of it.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
I hate when the dealer does me like that. I know you want that green Challenger, but from experience, Dodge dealerships suck even more.

From experience, every franchise is exactly that, a franchise. They can all either be good or bad depending on who runs the place
Old 10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild

well only issue is....2012 that green goes away, and so does toxic orange, but they come back with header orange which is brighter than toxic....that will work....dealer did me right, dont get me wrong, I just having hardtime cause what I felt and heard flying out from under car when whatever snapped, snapped..
Old 10-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Noahfreak

Did anyone check the front of the engine? Sounds like something could have been wrapped up in your pulleys and worked itself loose on the highway. Everything else that would be rotating in neutral while stopped on the engine and transmission are sealed up, so you wouldn't find that it came out from under the car unless there was damage to the engine block or transmission case, and everything else that could shake wouldn't be until you started moving.
Maybe a forgotten rag got wrapped around a pulley or I've heard of small animals climbing into engine bays because of the nice warm engine, even in the summertime. You'd probably notice some blood and hair if you looked in the area where the belt and pulleys run. If you pull off the under-shield behind the front bumper you would see right away if something like this happened. You might also have heard some belt squeal during and shortly after if this was the case.
Not sure if any of these things are the issue, but again, clutch, transmission, flywheel all seem like dead-ends to me due to them being enclosed in the bell housing completely. Check every moving part on the front of the engine for any kind of damage, dirt, debris, or otherwise out of place. My guess is that it's the most likely place where the trouble was and may still be. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

well I said this was a dead horse in a matter of words....I'll put it out there one more time..first Hoggasswild knows my car, how clean I keep it....first thing we did at dealer was pop hood look all over motor, to satisfy my friend that was not in the valve train...after overhead look from hood, put up in air, nothing visible! the shaking sitting still, the grinding sound...the hard shifting feel for 5 miles until the sound of metal flying under car....they did not look in tranny I don't beleive, but was TOLD...I say TOLD...and this is funny.......and I think going to have to demand...I was never given paperwork on what was really done....as they said, it will be mailed, and no cost, as was indicated if they found nothing I would be charged!, Well they found nothing but installed, again what I was told, new bolts and they said springs on clutch assembly...so far as I'm concerned it's done deal, but going to dealer just to get documentation in case down road I have more issues on same subject.....had my car 5 days? no loaner! something was wrong something was fixed and thats that.....its running fine so we'll see how goes.

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 10-18-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Got paperwork from Dealer today....what I wrote before was what I was told, I will state what was done, found or whatever you want to call it...."Ran Oasis and found SSM21614 Remove Transmission and replace pressure plate Bolts, Intstall Transmission" It's running fine...
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

I got the same thing done to mine. No worries, 6+6, you should be all fixed up. The factory put too much loctite on the clutch pressure-plate bolts on the first batch of cars. It jammed the threads and caused the bolts to back out over time. The sound you heard was one falling out, probably. They put in a new type of bolt ford came up with that doesn't need the loctite. I'm sure that's why they had your car so long, had to order the bolt kit.

Quick Reply: my 2011 6cyl in shop tranny problem