Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

FRPP 2011 V6 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:07 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Default FRPP 2011 V6 exhaust

Is anyone running this exhaust set up for their 2011 V6?

FRPP X-Pipe

V6 Sport Mufflers

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12245
and
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12377

I've been watching videos on Youtube and I think this set up is the only one so far for the 2011 V6 that provides a deep muscular type sound instead of a soup'd up V6 rice sound that most make.

I just wanted to see if anyone on here was running this setup and if they had any pro's/con's about it.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

any link to the youtube videos?

I do think that they are a bit expensive though.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 PM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

i only seen one video and that was from a guy in swiss land.
it sounded good , but it was inside and had a lot of echo.

However that's pushing 700$

it probably sounds like a throathy v6 at best. i'd wait for more clips or bite the bullet and get it.

i just ordered flowmasters , 380$ shipped to my door. not loud, deep enough.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:34 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

^^ any drone?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
^^ any drone?

I'll find out in a week when I get em.

I plan to do a before and after since no one has one.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:50 AM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

I kind of have to chuckle at the comments I read on how these cars should sound. It seems most don`t want them to sound like what they really are.

The "ricer" sound most complain about is mostly from high rpm 4 cylinder cars.

A v6 operating at high rpms and putting out the kind of power these cars have will not sound like anything but what it is. Put these up in the 4-7k range and that`s what they will sound like. Changing that sound just doesn`t make sense, unless you are ashamed of what you are driving and don`t want anyone to know about it.

The tone at idle and under mild acceleration can be very low and hard to id from a v8 but under hard, high reving acceleration these v6`s have their own sound and I love it.

I like the low range sound at low rpm crusing as long as it doesn`t drone in the car. Some sound clips show that is possible with a bit more sound than stock. I`ll probably add ab mufflers to my 6`er but I won`t expect the 4-7 rpm range to sound anything like but what it is, a great new Mustang 3.7 305hp V6!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Grabber2012

Originally Posted by snaf2u
A v6 operating at high rpms and putting out the kind of power these cars have will not sound like anything but what it is.
Hear, hear. Anyone remember the Ferrari Dino, built by Il Commendatore to honor his son who died of muscular dystrophy? It was a V6, and we kids who correctly laughed at British 4-cylinder sports cars knew it was a V6 not to be laughed at. We had one show up in Utica, NY, in 1969 and it sounded like a V12 - as we do.

In our day, those same 4-cylinder sports cars often had straight-through mufflers since the ones they came with would rust through after 2 seasons - and they sounded exACTly like ricers at half-frequency (since their crummy pushrod valvetrains wouldn't rev past 5000).

Also, don't conflate the burble on let-off from chambered mufflers with "V8" sound....
Old 12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

what we need is a super charger that will whine so loud, everyone will ignore exhaust sound and say, what the hell do you have under that hood lol
Old 12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
I kind of have to chuckle at the comments I read on how these cars should sound. It seems most don`t want them to sound like what they really are.

The "ricer" sound most complain about is mostly from high rpm 4 cylinder cars.

A v6 operating at high rpms and putting out the kind of power these cars have will not sound like anything but what it is. Put these up in the 4-7k range and that`s what they will sound like. Changing that sound just doesn`t make sense, unless you are ashamed of what you are driving and don`t want anyone to know about it.

The tone at idle and under mild acceleration can be very low and hard to id from a v8 but under hard, high reving acceleration these v6`s have their own sound and I love it.

I like the low range sound at low rpm crusing as long as it doesn`t drone in the car. Some sound clips show that is possible with a bit more sound than stock. I`ll probably add ab mufflers to my 6`er but I won`t expect the 4-7 rpm range to sound anything like but what it is, a great new Mustang 3.7 305hp V6!

I don't want a V8/GT sound, I just want something a little deeper than what the stock mufflers put out. So don't go all psychologist on me, bro. I love the sound of my V6 and I would never be ashamed of it in any way. My V6 looks better than most GT's I see out on the road, and that isn't anything to be sad about.

This is the type of set up I want on my 2011 V6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oPpD1vE3ek

That car in the video is a 2010 V6, that FRPP exhaust and X-Pipe set up on a 2011 V6 should sound around the same too, right?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
what we need is a super charger that will whine so loud, everyone will ignore exhaust sound and say, what the hell do you have under that hood lol
cheers to that

Quick Reply: FRPP 2011 V6 exhaust