Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

tuner for3.7

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 04:33 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
I see it as a $400 initial cost + $10 per fillup for +15HP/+15TQ.

I will update info in my build thread once I get it
so what 3- 93 octane tunes did you get?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
so what 3- 93 octane tunes did you get?
I got the 3 standard that come with it, Race / Performance / Street.

From what I understand, race is really aggressive throttle with top end performance, Performance seems to be the hybrid of both, and Street seems to be more low end performance. So, if what I think of these tunes are true, I'm going to start with Street.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:26 PM
killer2013

I had Bama give me all the tunes for all octanes, just save them on your PC and upload any 3 to your tuner and try them out once a week til you find the best. I did the free tunes via email over about 6 to 8 months. Remember to use the right gas with the right tune.

My personal favorite is 91 street, best for least choppy idle bottom end grunt and throttle response. The hybrid(ghost cam) tune seems to cause a lot of gas fumes smell and may have foued my AFR gauge' s O2 sensor too, but I'm not positive about that.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Well I got my tuner today, but I messedup in the ordering process and input the incorrect computr code which happened to be for the 5.0, I gave bama my new code on Wednesday after I found out. I just called bama and spoke to Justin, (I think hes the one in all the youtube videos???) he said he would try to get it pushed out to me soon, I'm heading to the track in 2 hours and 30 mins and I hope I have them sent back by then!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Just wondering, I would like to try the street tune, I know its not as aggresive as the performance tune but what can I expect?
Well, I put the 87 street tune in last week and thats exactly what it it is WEAK, not happy ,at all, so I'm putting the 93 R back in, it is an awesome tune. While my MPG went up, the performance went , to me , back to stock.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Well, I put the 87 street tune in last week and thats exactly what it it is WEAK, not happy ,at all, so I'm putting the 93 R back in, it is an awesome tune. While my MPG went up, the performance went , to me , back to stock.
I've tried the 93 Street tune, and now have been on the race tune for about 1 month. Going to try and go back to street tune, to see if I can feel the difference. I'll do the performance 93 tune later on.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Kona_MCA

Hey guys, I thought I would add my personal experience to this thread for anyone that may be considering which tune to use. I have a CAI, Trident Motorsports exhaust and a Bama tuner. Bama customer service is great and I started with the 93 street tune and was happy with it at first but I did notice a little falling off of the powerband above around 6000rpm and decided to go directly to Race tune and I have never looked back! It pulled like a freight train and my CAI was noticeably louder for some reason with this tune. After I added the 3.73 gears it was a simple matter of changing the parameter in the tuner. It's like a different car now! The looks on the faces of surprised older GT drivers (once they catch up) when I tell them 'it's just a little V6' are priceless!

Everyone's needs and expectations are different and the Race tune can be a handful (of fun!) to drive in the rain (I have to turn not-so-Advancetrac completely off) and seems a little aggressive at times but I love the instant throttle response and the fat torque curve just cruising along in 3rd and 4th feels stronger than many of the 2v & 3v V8 gt's I have driven. It's not in the league of the 5.0 by any means but it's lots of fun and does everything I need it to and I grin every time I get in it and THAT'S exactly what I bought a Mustang for!

Last edited by Kona_MCA; 05-11-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kona_MCA
Hey guys, I thought I would add my personal experience to this thread for anyone that may be considering which tune to use. I have a CAI, Trident Motorsports exhaust and a Bama tuner. Bama customer service is great and I started with the 93 street tune and was happy with it at first but I did notice a little falling off of the powerband above around 6000rpm and decided to go directly to Race tune and I have never looked back! It pulled like a freight train and my CAI was noticeably louder for some reason with this tune. After I added the 3.73 gears it was a simple matter of changing the parameter in the tuner. It's like a different car now! The looks on the faces of surprised older GT drivers (once they catch up) when I tell them 'it's just a little V6' are priceless!

Everyone's needs and expectations are different and the Race tune can be a handful (of fun!) to drive in the rain (I have to turn not-so-Advancetrac completely off) and seems a little aggressive at times but I love the instant throttle response and the fat torque curve just cruising along in 3rd and 4th feels stronger than many of the 2v & 3v V8 gt's I have driven. It's not in the league of the 5.0 by any means but it's lots of fun and does everything I need it to and I grin every time I get in it and THAT'S exactly what I bought a Mustang for!
Yeah 93 R rocks, read my above post on 93R, thx for the input
Old 05-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
I see it as a $400 initial cost + $10 per fillup for +15HP/+15TQ.

I will update info in my build thread once I get it
not really, I'm averaging 27MPG, when I drive it nice. MPG does go down if I pound on it, so its up to you
Old 05-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

not really, I'm averaging 27MPG, when I drive it nice. MPG does go down if I pound on it, so its up to you
You must be doing a lot of highway driving, I'm 100% city driving, getting around 14-16MPG depending on how I am driving.

Quick Reply: tuner for3.7