Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What should next mod be ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 03:10 PM
XGC JACOBS

$450.00+ is a lot of money for such little gain. I can spend $230.00+ an hour of labor for an off road X pipe and see 14-15rwhp gain compared to 2-3hp from a throttle body. maybe down the road, but I'm more interested at this point in having the lower and upper intake manifolds ported cost is a little less than a throttle body and supposedly decent gains are possible.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by XGC JACOBS
$450.00+ is a lot of money for such little gain. I can spend $230.00+ an hour of labor for an off road X pipe and see 14-15rwhp gain compared to 2-3hp from a throttle body. maybe down the road, but I'm more interested at this point in having the lower and upper intake manifolds ported cost is a little less than a throttle body and supposedly decent gains are possible.
I can't find anything showing 15 rwhp for an x pipe on our cars. Where do you see this? And the throttle body gives more than 2-3hp + responsiveness especially when paired with an intake and tune.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to get educated on all these parts, because I'm excited to mod also.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:52 AM
XGC JACOBS

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to get educated on all these parts, because I'm excited to mod also.
Don't worry man were here to help each other lol . check out this link http://www.lethalperformance.com/sho...ad-x-pipe.html- this is going to be my next mod. Look up Keola36 on youtube. he doesnt have his 3.7 anymore but he has a ton of videos with it - he has the lethal performance O/R H-pipe and it sounds pretty sick.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:19 AM
XGC JACOBS

I can't find anything showing 15 rwhp for an x pipe on our cars. Where do you see this? And the throttle body gives more than 2-3hp + responsiveness especially when paired with an intake and tune.
See I've looked around and have seen mixed reviews on a throttle body. some people said they didnt notice a difference at all. I think if you pair it with an intake and a tune the majority of the increase you are going to see is from the tune alone.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by XGC JACOBS
See I've looked around and have seen mixed reviews on a throttle body. some people said they didnt notice a difference at all. I think if you pair it with an intake and a tune the majority of the increase you are going to see is from the tune alone.
Interesting, would that still be able to pass inspection? I also herd those are loud as F lol. My Roush axle back is already loud enough.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:48 AM
XGC JACOBS

Interesting, would that still be able to pass inspection? I also herd those are loud as F lol. My Roush axle back is already loud enough.
Depends on where you live, but most likely no, since you it replaces the catalytic convertors and the rear o2 sensor will have to be turned off with a tuner or you'll throw a code and get a check engine light. We have emissions testing here thats pretty rough but mine isn't due soon. My plan is to get this in, reflash the computer with a new BAMA tune, then next time it's do I'm gonna swap my old mid pipe back in with the cats and reflash it so it will get through the emissions. Then remove it and put the O/R pipe back in and retune it then be good for another year or two. Labor is not that bad for the job so it's worth it to me. I have Borla ATAK on mine and it's aleady screaming loud on WOT. My neighbors are going to hate me with this to say the least haha. Bang for the buck though, this is probably the most HP gain you would ever see on this motor without going forced induction or nitrous.