Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

mrt axelback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 AM
graves0777
1st Gear Member

Default mrt axelback exhaust

hey i am looking at getting dual exhaust for my car and i am hearing the mrt axelback duals are the best sounding and i have only heard good things about these. Well I am wondering if I can buy the GT ones or do I have to buy the v6 ones? I would think the GT ones would sound the best and they look a little better. But i was just wondering.
THank you.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:59 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: mrt axelback exhaust

i actually think you are going to have to buy the gt system... the v6 system only comes with one and if you were to buy the same one twice they would both have the piping bent left after the muffler so the driver side one wouldnt line up and wouldnt fit...i dono i just have the single. Just so you know though, the single is PLENTY loud and really deep in case you are only going duals for that.

http://stevus.is-a-geek.com/MRT_Exhaust.wmv this is the most accurate sound clip i have heard of it. duals will be REALLY REALLY loud just so you know.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:53 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

The MRT Dual Set Up is louder then the GT Take Off set. But the GT kit still sounds great. All you do for the GT Take Off exhaust is buy both mufflers off like ebay or something (seems to be the cheapest) and take it to a muffler shop and have them fabricate and h/x pipe and the exhaust pipe. That is of course unless you know how to do it yourself.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I have Dual MRT mufflers, and like I just got done telling someone in another forum, they sound awesome, but they have a big drone problem so if your gonna go dual MRT's defintely look into some resinators, BTW they are pretty loud, LOL!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:53 PM
graves0777
1st Gear Member

well loud sounds good to me, im needing some noise from this 6 shooter lol, but what do you guys think sounds the best? The Mrt or the Gt take offs. Right now I think i am leaning towards the MRTS, but I want a pretty meaty sound.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

The GT sounds real nice its got a nice tone to it but its not as loud as the MRT....On the flipside the GT exhaust does not have droning, i havent had any problems with mine and it hasnt broken in enough to get the full sound out of it but so far it sounds great. One point i always like to add is the GT exhaust is a tad bit cheaper also
Old 09-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

It will have a little sound to it when you punch it thats just loud its not deep but not ricey but close to it, But once it brakes in it will sound way better, But if you get the resinators it should eliminate the close to ricey part, which ive been told.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:35 PM
graves0777
1st Gear Member

where can i get these reisnators
Old 09-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

You can ask MRT to see if theyll sell you resinators or you can google it and there should be a lot that comes up.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:49 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

You can ask MRT to see if theyll sell you resinators or you can google it and there should be a lot that comes up.
I'll be at MRT later this week... i'll ask them about their resonator...

Quick Reply: mrt axelback exhaust