Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

4.0 + C&l + xcal2 + mrt catback= BAD@!#

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Default 4.0 + C&l + xcal2 + mrt catback= BAD@!#

Put the mrt catback on today... Unreal! I cant believe the sound the v6 is making.. it growls Can't wait for it to break in and the tone shifts. The videos on here are awesome but don't do it justice.... in person it's so much better. As far as feeling the hp gain... sorta... A little more coming out of the hole but not enought to really tell.. but when it hits second it really surges and the performance up thru the rpm band is stronger. Also checked with the shop and they are doing a aluminum driveshaft! They're really busy and hopefully can get sometime to fab it up for next week...
Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OLY4.0 + C&l + xcal2 + mrt catback= BAD@!#

yes the MRT is great, sound like a V8 thats for sure, I do feel some power gains, I'm shifting the higher gears about 10mph higher than before......
Saw a GT with some modyfied exhaust today too, it sounded no different than the single MRT......
Old 09-20-2006, 07:32 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.0 + C&l + xcal2 + mrt catback= BAD@!#

ORIGINAL: Kriger

Put the mrt catback on today... Unreal! I cant believe the sound the v6 is making.. it growls Can't wait for it to break in and the tone shifts. The videos on here are awesome but don't do it justice.... in person it's so much better. As far as feeling the hp gain... sorta... A little more coming out of the hole but not enought to really tell.. but when it hits second it really surges and the performance up thru the rpm band is stronger. Also checked with the shop and they are doing a aluminum driveshaft! They're really busy and hopefully can get sometime to fab it up for next week...
Very cool! I love hearing people that are happy with there MRT! Now... if you really want to hear something... yank off the C&L and put a Vortech S/C on!!! LOL!!! (yes, one of these days i'll have to make some new video clips! LOL!)

And yes, the MRT will keeping sounding even better over the next couple of weeks! LOL!
Old 09-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 4.0 + C&l + xcal2 + mrt catback= BAD@!#

I'm doing the driveshaft next week... then she will be ready for some form of charger... I haven't decided yet... leaning toward the powerhouse turbo.... if the x-charger was less that would be in the running due to it's low end torque... not sure yet... But she's getting pretty snappy for what it is...

the drone they mention isn't that bad either... but then i have a 66' 302 with dual flowmasters on... so i dont consider the mrt loud...

2005 mustang convert

so far...

LSD REAR
C&L CAI
XCAL 2 "Tune from evolution performance"
MRT "areo turbine catback"
18" rims / Eagle f1's

VERY SOON! Aluminum Driveshaft "being made"

NEXT SPRING --> charger of some sort...