Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Default Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

Ok so i am going to order my intake and tuen tomorrow morning because the closed by the time i got the money in the back. The thing i was wondering is, when i call who do i ask for? or do i just tell them that i want to purchase one of their intake and tune combos. Second what code do i have to give them when i order this? i have heard from several that i need a 4 digit code? that is located close to my fuse box? anyone that has order one of these could you tell me what i need and who to ask for so i am ready?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:29 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default Went with the Evo tune/CAI...have a question

I live nearby, so I went there to get my CAI/tuner (I got to look at their new GT500 too). Ask for Fred (he'll probably answer the phone). He went and looked at my car to get the code, so I cannot tell you exact where it is located[>:] Sorry 'bout that. I'm sure somebody else here can tell you, or Fred will tell you where to look.

Although I went with the 87, 93, and 93 Extreme tunes, I've only used the 93E so far. Fred said that I would love it, and he was right. It only shifts hard at WOT, which is exactly when I want firm shifts. Regular shifts would be better described as "firmer".
Old 09-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Went with the Evo tune/CAI...have a question

so his tunes come with the 87, 93, and 93 extreme? i think all i have here in san diego is 91 octane? i am not sure i havent checked. But ill probably be using the 87 tune just because of gas.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:01 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

does he only make"extreme" tunes or are there any other that come with the deal??? I finnaly got a reply from Bamachips so I'm debating which one to chose....I don't live that far away from Evolution though
Old 09-22-2006, 02:16 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

i just got my tune intake done at evo, its great. im runnin the 87 tune right now, but once i run down the gas im gonna fill up with 93 and get the 93 tune, fred said that not only does it perform better, but the tune he does gives it better gas mileage than the 87 tune
Old 09-22-2006, 05:39 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one

I believe the code is located on the fuse box or right by it.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

It is. Right next to the fuse box, front of engine on passengers side, you'll see some large electrical plugs going in a silver box. I'm having a brain tumor (IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!) moment and the name of this thing is slipping my memory. But any ways. There's a small white square sticker with 3 letters, 1 number. That is your 4 digit code.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:11 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Evolution has various tunes to choose from. I picked those based upon gas availability, and desired usage with the car.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

does he only make"extreme" tunes or are there any other that come with the deal??? I finnaly got a reply from Bamachips so I'm debating which one to chose....I don't live that far away from Evolution though
You definetly want to go with my tunes, they're the best! I'll put my tunes up against any other tuner, and we'll come out on top!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:14 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

You definetly want to go with my tunes, they're the best! I'll put my tunes up against any other tuner, and we'll come out on top!
I'm a fan of your work, however this is a bold statement. I'd like to see you back it up with a ET shoot out on cars with the same configuration!

Quick Reply: Went with the Evo tune and intake...i have a question for anyone tha thas bought one