Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

been reading up on nitrous...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default been reading up on nitrous...

well i have been reading up on the zex kit lately and i am starting to get sick of waiting for christmas for the money to go f/i and then i'd have to wait until it got warm out again to install or i would kill myself in the snow/ice anyway. I am also having second thoughts about spending the money on f/i. I was wondering if there was a smaller jet than 75 for the zex kit like 50 maybe? I am just trying to be very cautious because i dont have the money to get a new motor if i blow one and my parents would kill me if i blew it because i'd have to borrow their cars to get to school and such. Now the biggest question is- if i were to bust something, is there anyway for the dealer to detect that i had a nitrous setup if i take it all off? Is a75 (50 if possible) shot safe enough to use maybe once every few days? oh, and where can i fill up the bottle if i got a nitrous system? I am very sketchy about nitrous so this is just speculation but some answers would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:17 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: been reading up on nitrous...

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

well i have been reading up on the zex kit lately and i am starting to get sick of waiting for christmas for the money to go f/i and then i'd have to wait until it got warm out again to install or i would kill myself in the snow/ice anyway. I am also having second thoughts about spending the money on f/i. I was wondering if there was a smaller jet than 75 for the zex kit like 50 maybe? I am just trying to be very cautious because i dont have the money to get a new motor if i blow one and my parents would kill me if i blew it because i'd have to borrow their cars to get to school and such. Now the biggest question is- if i were to bust something, is there anyway for the dealer to detect that i had a nitrous setup if i take it all off? Is a75 (50 if possible) shot safe enough to use maybe once every few days? oh, and where can i fill up the bottle if i got a nitrous system? I am very sketchy about nitrous so this is just speculation but some answers would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
I know a guy who literally blew his 05 GT motor in half with a 150HP shot... returned everything to stock and got his motor replaced....

Now me... I could have probably done the same thing but it seemed very dishonest to me... I knew the risks I was taking... and besides if I filed a warranty claim, Ford would simply pass the cost on to everyone else that bought a new car... so for me the right thing was for me to pay to have my car fixed...

Also.. I did N20 first and then moved to F/I... I'm here to say... if you can swing it skip the N20 and go F/I!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:28 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Honestly, If you're that worried about it, just save up and wait.
Besides if you get ZEX, you'll always be jonesing for that power...
Go F/I and you'll always have it....
Not to mention you'll have bragging rights when you smoke ricers, because you didnt spray.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yep since you probably dont goto the track the n2o will not make you happy.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:38 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Ok, I going to ask a question that will so how little I know. What is F/I? I'm use to that meaning fuel injection but our cars are already fuel injected.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

meaning forced induction
Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Ok, now I feel stupid. I guess I was having brain cramp. I read the post and it was like nothing was registering.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

To answer your question ...Yes you can get 50hp shot jets and even a 25hp shot ones. I had my doubts also ..bough a used kit..sold it....now i got a brand new kit with a window switch waiting to b installed.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:56 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

they say a picture is worth a thousand words.... Figured I'ld start teaching my youngest one early!

Old 09-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

LoL thats great John

Quick Reply: been reading up on nitrous...