Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

XCharger HiPo Dyno numbers ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default XCharger HiPo Dyno numbers ?

Anybody with the new HiPo kit actually get their XCharger equiped car on a dyno? If so, what kind of numbers did you get? An image of your chart would be even better. I think there was conjecture that the HiPo kit would reach 280HP and 250 torque... wondering if it does this...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:14 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: XCharger HiPo Dyno numbers ?

Heres a link to them from another thread:

http://american-speed.com/collective...p;postcount=45
Old 01-05-2007, 12:23 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

god i clicked the link to the bradbarnett thread and saw that dreaded post that always gets me uber depressed with the three quotes all from ford techs talking about how terrible the 4.0 is for performance and how it won't last at a decent power level, along with the tranny and 7.5" rear

i HATE that post
Old 01-05-2007, 01:57 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Welll.....

1. Those dyno runs look AWESOME

2. The info from the Ford tech guy (in the other thread) where he basically says the 4.0 is a total piece of crap, is totally depressing. Good grief, he makes it sound like the 4.0 is basically a hand grenade. Same for his comments on the trans and rear. Makes the 6'er sound like an utter piece of crap.

But heck, doesn't Explorer Express have a ton of supercharged Explorers and trucks out there? Are these engines exploding?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

the 4.0l is a tried and true motor, the Ranger has had success with them for years and we will too. I read a interesting write up about them that really had many positive things to say, "i'll look for the link". It is underated and seriously nerfed for what it should be doing. I installed aLSD on mine and kept the 7.5" I willalso most likely be goingwith the xcharger this spring. I did some other mods to prepare and i'm really excited to see what the motor can with one of those beasts strapped on top. I plan on keeping the c&l intake and just using that with the eaton. Hopefully a custom tune if not install from Fred at EP. I wont have it tuned ape **** wild...but i'm looking for 300hp to rear wheels... hell or high water / blown engine, she will do it day in and day out.I'm crazy about the 4.0, anybody can have a fast gt, it's expected... it's making the 4.0 a beast is the **** that will turn heads.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

2. The info from the Ford tech guy (in the other thread) where he basically says the 4.0 is a total piece of crap, is totally depressing. Good grief, he makes it sound like the 4.0 is basically a hand grenade. Same for his comments on the trans and rear. Makes the 6'er sound like an utter piece of crap.

But heck, doesn't Explorer Express have a ton of supercharged Explorers and trucks out there? Are these engines exploding?
No, they are not exploding. The fammous thread from the ford tech guy can be discouraging. We've hashed his post out on several sites over the past year and a half, and the concensus is that he was talking early versions of the 4.0, which at the time did have thier share of problems. Since then, the platform has matured.

Besides, if the platform was as bad as he described, then Ford wouldn't have stuck with it for so long in the Rangers and Explorers. Besides, you can get a dealership mechanic to bitch about any platform.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kriger

the 4.0l is a tried and true motor, the Ranger has had success with them for years and we will too. I read a interesting write up about them that really had many positive things to say, "i'll look for the link". It is underated and seriously nerfed for what it should be doing. I installed aLSD on mine and kept the 7.5" I willalso most likely be goingwith the xcharger this spring. I did some other mods to prepare and i'm really excited to see what the motor can with one of those beasts strapped on top. I plan on keeping the c&l intake and just using that with the eaton. Hopefully a custom tune if not install from Fred at EP. I wont have it tuned ape **** wild...but i'm looking for 300hp to rear wheels... hell or high water / blown engine, she will do it day in and day out.I'm crazy about the 4.0, anybody can have a fast gt, it's expected... it's making the 4.0 a beast is the **** that will turn heads.
i don't think the c&l will fit without some custom work.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:52 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

but i'm looking for 300hp to rear wheels... hell or high water / blown engine, she will do it day in and day out.I'm crazy about the 4.0, anybody can have a fast gt, it's expected... it's making the 4.0 a beast is the **** that will turn heads.
With the X, you will need to up the boost and go meth injection to achive 300rwhp. You may also want to consider some headers, and consider some stage 3 head work.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

but i'm looking for 300hp to rear wheels... hell or high water / blown engine, she will do it day in and day out.I'm crazy about the 4.0, anybody can have a fast gt, it's expected... it's making the 4.0 a beast is the **** that will turn heads.
With the X, you will need to up the boost and go meth injection to achive 300rwhp. You may also want to consider some headers, and consider some stage 3 head work.
stage 3[&:]!

are you talking ssm stage 3? that'd be kinda overkill for 300rwhp. with the hi-po putting down, what...270ish on the manuals and gash said he picked up "well over 20rwhp" from just the ported and polished stage 2's all motor, you could pick up more when being blown. hell i bet you could hit 300 with stage one and the x on a stick, remember, you willmost likely pick up more power with head work on a forced induction motor.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Well you know how much I like overkill. LOL.

Quick Reply: XCharger HiPo Dyno numbers ?