Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Default Hello all!

Just bought my new 2007 Mustang Pony Package edition... this thing is my dream!
Now my only concern is gas...
I hear i can improve my gas mileage by installing an intake.. ive been looking on Ebay for a proper intake but i would like to have all your inputs on what i should pick.

I also want to know if i could somehow put a "chip" to increase MPGs in my car.. i average about 20 city and 25 highway..

add me on aim if you wanna chat give me some tips
xxcracoviaxx = aim

thanks again all
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

[IMG=http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3405/photovt.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by IvanRad

I also want to know if i could somehow put a "chip" to increase MPGs in my car.. i average about 20 city and 25 highway..

I average about 20 as well, the car is supposed to get 17 city, how good do you need it to be?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

cai and tune. idk what brand. look around. also some throttle body spacers state they will increase mpg, but more that than hp
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
cai and tune. idk what brand. look around. also some throttle body spacers state they will increase mpg, but more that than hp
TB Spacers are paper weights...

OP, get a CAI+ Tuner combo from www.americanmuscle.com

Also why are you worried about gas mileage? Its a Mustang not a civic/prius...
Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Umm maybe cause Im sick of ppl who drive a prius which contains 30.pounds of nickel.. and they claim that a muscle car can't be efficient .. but ya u are right it is a muscle car.. BTW what is the cheapest / most reliable exhaust
Old 08-15-2010, 10:38 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IvanRad
Umm maybe cause Im sick of ppl who drive a prius which contains 30.pounds of nickel.. and they claim that a muscle car can't be efficient .. but ya u are right it is a muscle car.. BTW what is the cheapest / most reliable exhaust
Its all about personal preferance exhaust wise... Get on YouTube for sound clips.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Agreed on the CAI + Tuner combo. American Muscle has some great combo deals. I'm currently running the Ford Racing Cold Air Intake with the SCT Tuner Combo with great gains in performance and fun factor.

And speaking of fun factor...that's going to determine the amount of gas you save Typically when you get a CAI + Tuner combo, the increase in performance makes it hard to keep your foot off the gas pedal Consequently, you burn through more gas because you're laying into the gas pedal more.

Average savings with a CAI + tuner combo seems to be around 2-3 mpg...maybe a bit more, depending.

Based on my experience with American Muscle, I highly recommend them. Great customer service and support, fast shipping, and they send you email updates with tracking info on your order too so you know exactly when it's arriving. Other companies don't always do this.

As for exhaust, 2005Redfire6 is right. It's really a matter of personal preference, and youtube is a great place to spend some time listening to different set ups. I'd vote to go dual exhaust however...helps you get a bit more out of the CAI + tuner from my personal experience. And, duals sound better than the single exhaust axle back mufflers you can buy....again, from my experience with them...not to mention looking way more balanced in the rear, and more like a muscle car. Single exhaust just never did it for me on a mustang.

Good luck with your research
Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
Agreed on the CAI + Tuner combo. American Muscle has some great combo deals. I'm currently running the Ford Racing Cold Air Intake with the SCT Tuner Combo with great gains in performance and fun factor.

And speaking of fun factor...that's going to determine the amount of gas you save Typically when you get a CAI + Tuner combo, the increase in performance makes it hard to keep your foot off the gas pedal Consequently, you burn through more gas because you're laying into the gas pedal more.

Average savings with a CAI + tuner combo seems to be around 2-3 mpg...maybe a bit more, depending.

Based on my experience with American Muscle, I highly recommend them. Great customer service and support, fast shipping, and they send you email updates with tracking info on your order too so you know exactly when it's arriving. Other companies don't always do this.

As for exhaust, 2005Redfire6 is right. It's really a matter of personal preference, and youtube is a great place to spend some time listening to different set ups. I'd vote to go dual exhaust however...helps you get a bit more out of the CAI + tuner from my personal experience. And, duals sound better than the single exhaust axle back mufflers you can buy....again, from my experience with them...not to mention looking way more balanced in the rear, and more like a muscle car. Single exhaust just never did it for me on a mustang.

Good luck with your research
+1, couldn't have said it any better!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:36 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

GT Mufflers. Won't cost you an arm or leg : )

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_V6...sion_2010.aspx