Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Morana Heads and Cams

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:54 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Default Morana Heads and Cams

Anyone running Tom Morana heads or cams or both in their 4.0L? Have any dynos? I am considering the Stage 2+ since I don't want to spend a boatload of money on this (ie: under $1500)

I like the supersix dyno of their stage 2+, esp the no peak TQ gain.

Thanks

http://www.moranav6racing.com/catego...?CategoryID=32
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

No one?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Heads and cam work on our cars are slim to none because people just don't spend the money on it.... I'm pretty sure morana has a stroker kit too that bumps it to 4.3L.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:33 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Strokers are more than I want to spend. I wanted to go stage 2+ heads. cheaper than power adders and keeps the gas mileage (unlike cams). Also, porting heads should be pretty safe for a DD.

I am checkign with some local muscle shops to see if they've ever done 4.0L. I don't want a head shop that is good on a giant old iron block that they can go over and still be ok. With our thin walls and mess of a coolant system I want experience. I'd rather get them ported locally but may yield to experience and buy the set from Morana or SSM.

I just can't find anything on the Morana heads. At least SSM has a dyno of the heads I want with a lesser set up than what I have now.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
Strokers are more than I want to spend. I wanted to go stage 2+ heads. cheaper than power adders and keeps the gas mileage (unlike cams). Also, porting heads should be pretty safe for a DD.

I am checkign with some local muscle shops to see if they've ever done 4.0L. I don't want a head shop that is good on a giant old iron block that they can go over and still be ok. With our thin walls and mess of a coolant system I want experience. I'd rather get them ported locally but may yield to experience and buy the set from Morana or SSM.

I just can't find anything on the Morana heads. At least SSM has a dyno of the heads I want with a lesser set up than what I have now.
Why don't you give Them a call? Supersix is actually 2-3 hours from me when I get the blower installed I'm gonna ride down there and see if I can work out a deal on heads, cams, and boost friendly pistons, possibly a block.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

If they would drop their stage 2+ heads to the Morana prices, I would sign part of my tax return over today. I may have to call them.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:57 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I had Powerhouse heads and cams on mine. Got big gains out of it. Tony had the same on his car and it went mid 13's all motor. I think Powerhouse has L&M doing them now for them.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
I had Powerhouse heads and cams on mine. Got big gains out of it. Tony had the same on his car and it went mid 13's all motor. I think Powerhouse has L&M doing them now for them.
Man of the hour, L&M engines? I think I have a link for them but cant seem to find?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:43 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I didn't know PH did 4.0L stuff.

BTW I was researching the crap out if it and found Rygen on a few other Mustang forums.....

I <3 Rygen and his answers
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Todd - Is Mike doing heads and cams again? I couldn't find it on his web site and I thought you and Tony had the only set he did.

Quick Reply: Morana Heads and Cams