Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My Lil' Pwny Got Lucky!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:35 PM
NyghtSpydr

Talking My Lil' Pwny Got Lucky!!!

So I got super lucky with my 2010 'stang that I just bought from CarMax. It has 36k miles on it and in its previous life it was a rental in Hawaii, so it never got any love from an owner. She spent her short 1 1/2 years on the streets of Honolulu, always in the sunshine, always parked near the salt water of the ocean. It was a hard life....
So when I bought it, there was rust on the front hood corner, and the canvas convertible top had many cracks in the edge seams and stains on it.

I took it back in to Carmax the day after I bought it to have the elbow strap on the convertible top replaced on both sides, and the rust on the hood sanded down. CarMax sent My Lil' Pwny to Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego to have it looked at since it was under warranty.

KPF told me the good news:
1) They would be ordering a whole new hood since they can't sand down hoods.
2) They would need to do a bit of blending of the paint, so they would be painting a few spots along the front fenders that needed touch up anyways! Sweet!!
3) The Convertible Top was not repairable....so they are just going to give me a whole NEW top FREE!! Wow!! I was so surprised to hear this! That was the main thing that was wrong with my car, and now that they are going to give me a whole new top, I feel like My Lil' Pwny has a whole new life off of the streets and in her very own garage!

Awesome-Sauce!! I can't wait to get it back and drive it around!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

wait wait wait.. im glad to hear about you taking care of the new baby.. but i have a concern.. your not going to leave it cooped up in the garage all day are you? mustangs are born to run! feed some speed to your ride! lol
Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
NyghtSpydr

Originally Posted by aero86
your not going to leave it cooped up in the garage all day are you? mustangs are born to run! feed some speed to your ride! lol
Hellz Nah, I'm gonna let My Lil' Pwny run free every day with the top down! Here in San Diego, its sunny and 75 every day, didn't you know that!?!?
I plan on driving her around as much as my gas budget will allow me, which seems to be growing less and less as the prices of gas are going up and up....
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Cutting
1st Gear Member

Nice! Glad you caught it all now or that could have added up quick down the road...

But Pics or it didn't happen! (once you get it back)
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM
NyghtSpydr

Originally Posted by Cutting

But Pics or it didn't happen! (once you get it back)
You know it! I will post pics here soon. My Lil' Pwny (I love that nickname) should be finished by tomorrow, so hopefully by tomorrow I will have some pics of her.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

i didnt know where in cali! lolol. here in texas, there is only like 1 or 2 months total that is good convertible weather. other wise its too cold or its like 110 and you would get a sunburn from just 5 minutes with the top down. lol
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That's great that they are taking care of your car so well.
Best color for a 'Stang as well.

I assume you are a girl by the nick name you have given your car. If so welcome from another female MF member.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
That's great that they are taking care of your car so well.
Best color for a 'Stang as well.

I assume you are a girl by the nick name you have given your car. If so welcome from another female MF member.

What a guy can't enjoy my little pony? You should do some reading.

Shamelessly stolen from off topic.

Ps. Welcome to the boards and Grats on the free parts
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
NyghtSpydr

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Haha, No...I'm very much a dude, and a MARRIED to a WOMAN at that.

The whole My Lil' Pwny thing came from a friend of mine in the military who had a Japanese GF who couldn't pronounce My Little Pony, so she would say "Myy LLLiiiLLLL Pooooonnnniiiiieeeeeee"....and the "PWNY comes from my love of First Person Shooter games like Call of Duty, where to get Pwnd means to get your @$$ handed to you in game.......so put it all together and you get My Lil' PWNY
Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Hahahaha that's great.

Quick Reply: My Lil' Pwny Got Lucky!!!