Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger for v6

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 AM
TheBlackStang07

Default Supercharger for v6

I have a 2007 v6 4.0. I want to put a supercharger on it. What's the best supercharger for my v6
Old 12-04-2015, 09:42 AM
JimC

You are in the wrong section, you will get more response in the S197 4.0 section than you will in "concepts, rumors" section.

I will ask a mod to move this (I don't have mod powers here so can't do it).

As far as "best" ---- such a relative term. Best for what? Depending upon how you are using the car one option may be better than others but there is no "best" application.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Moved
Old 12-04-2015, 04:51 PM
JimC

As far as superchargers for the 4.0, my favorite is the XCharger Xtreme. I had it on my 2006. Almost instant power at the touch of the throttle, it was perfect for making a quick lane change on my commute when the far left lane "stops dead for who knows what reason" and the right 2 lanes are still flying up at highway speed.

At the track - can't beat the sound of the Xcharger scream. But it will not get you the fastest times on the drag strip, or the biggest dyno sheet for bragging rights.

So what is your purpose in going forced induction? What are your plans for the car?
Old 12-06-2015, 05:56 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

also depends on your budget
Old 12-06-2015, 09:27 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Heres my xcharger extreme that Jim mentioned.
Name:  DSC_0003_zpsuxxjz8u9.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  348.3 KB
Old 12-06-2015, 12:41 PM
JimC

There is an Xcharger Xtreme for sale in the classifieds. I'm very familiar with that kit because I installed the upgrade for the member when he went from the Hi-po Xcharger to the Xtreme. The price is extremely good on that one too.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Rob@Evolution
Former Sponsor

ProCharger makes a great kit for the 4.0L V6.

Both the HO and Stage II Intercooled system for 4.0L V6 Mustangs utilize the P-1SC-1, an exclusive dedicated, 8-rib drive supercharger drive system, a highly-effective, 2-core air-to-air intercooler, OEM-quality mounting brackets, six larger fuel injectors, higher capacity fuel system, tuning and all necessary supercharger and intercooler tubes for installation onto Mustangs with no major modifications to your car or engine.

ProCharger Systems are 100% complete and require no additional hardware

Last edited by Rob@Evolution; 12-08-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:45 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rob@Evolution
ProCharger makes a great kit for the 4.0L V6.

Both the HO and Stage II Intercooled system for 4.0L V6 Mustangs utilize the P-1SC-1, an exclusive dedicated, 8-rib drive supercharger drive system, a highly-effective, 2-core air-to-air intercooler, OEM-quality mounting brackets, eight larger fuel injectors, higher capacity fuel system, tuning and all necessary supercharger and intercooler tubes for installation onto Mustangs with no major modifications to your car or engine.

ProCharger Systems are 100% complete and require no additional hardware
Why does his 4.0 need "eight larger fuel injectors"?
Old 12-07-2015, 09:50 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

there are many options depending on your budget and what your goals are, for example I was on a tighter budget then some others and my goals were to have just a bit more HP so I opted for the Vortec S/C non inter-cooled. I am very happy with how it went together, the price and the power it produces. Just do your research before buying one decide if you want a Roots or a centrifugal S/C, your HP goals, and your budget to include installation if it is something you may need to pay someone else to do. Good Luck with your build and let us know what your decision was also post some pics when you are done

Quick Reply: Supercharger for v6