4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mac LT headers and mac h-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:48 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

Default mac LT headers and mac h-pipe

ok i just ordered my mac LT headers, mac h-pipe, and the extensions and mil eliminators. how is this setup with slp lm1's?? i am hoping that my car will run right with the mil eliminators. has anyone had problems with their mil eliminators, and how will it run???? thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 02:53 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: mac LT headers and mac h-pipe

LT's and the H pipe are REALLY going to wake up the car with LM1's. It is going to be LOUD, but you will love it, I know I did, and my setup is even louder.

The MILs should work ok, just make sure when you install them that you read the instructions and have then installed CORRECTLY. But your best bet is to find a tuner or get one or something that can actually "turn off" the o2 sensors so you don't have to rely on the MILs, because eventually, they will go down the crapper.

Congrats though, you will love the sound. It will really wake up those LM1's and you will be able to hear their full potential. [8D]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:56 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

man i havnt seen u on here for a while. yea i finally decided to order the rest of my exhaust. did u notice and significant gains with your new set up meebix??
Old 05-07-2006, 03:00 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea you can definitely feel a thottle response, 20 horses is a nice pickup from stock.

Im having problems with my check engine light though, my mechanic didn't install the MILs correctly, so Im being held back right now. My friends dad owns a dealership, so hopefully next weekend I can get down there and he is going to shut off the sensors for me so I don't have to rely on these MILs... they can be frustrating.

Im just thinking to myself, you got the MILs, so you went with the o/r H? If so then your setup is going to be nasty, just as loud as mine. Well worth it though, music to my ears... you mouth is going to drop after you hear it for the first time.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:06 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

yea, i was wanting to go with the o/r x-pipe like yours, but mustang tuning doesnt offer a shorty x-pipe from mac. i went to vrsexhaust.com and the mac shorty x-pipe was for 99-03, and i didnt feel like waiting to email them or call so i just ordered everything at the same time from mustangtuning.com
Old 05-07-2006, 03:08 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Dude, mils are a waste of money. They never work for anyone that I know.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:11 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

yea, i was wanting to go with the o/r x-pipe like yours, but mustang tuning doesnt offer a shorty x-pipe from mac. i went to vrsexhaust.com and the mac shorty x-pipe was for 99-03, and i didnt feel like waiting to email them or call so i just ordered everything at the same time from mustangtuning.com
But you got an o/r H then or a catted H?

H is not a bad choice at all, its going to be deeper than mine... but they sound good. O/R is LOUUUDD with LT's + LM1's. I love it, but most people think Im insane. I turn heads everywhere I go now though, you can't miss me, haha.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:15 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

i ordered mac LT headers with mac o/r h-pipe. i want everyone to look when i drive by. how is the noise inside the car, is it loud inside the car or just loud out the back??
Old 05-07-2006, 03:21 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

i ordered mac LT headers with mac o/r h-pipe. i want everyone to look when i drive by. how is the noise inside the car, is it loud inside the car or just loud out the back??
LoL, don't worry, people won't only look, they will JUMP!

I have to say I was VERY suprised at how quiet the noise actually was inside the car. For how LOUD it is outside, its nothing inside. THe noise seems to be all in the back. Don't get me wrong, up hills and if you are steadily on the gas while driving, you will get a "honing" at points in time, but I CAN hear my freaking radio and talk to people, which a lot of people think you can't do with a setup like ours.

While cruising around town, the car is suprisingly quiet, and not bad on the highway either, except when you get around 70-80 mph, then you get the high rpm drone, but Im usually not going that fast unless Im going down the shore or something (which I have not tested yet with my setup, lol).

At WOT though, Hold your ears. It gets so freaking loud for about 5 seconds as you rip through 2nd and 3rd gear getting onto a highway, or just around town... But I think its amazing. The cars behind me stay like 50 feet away, its funny as hell.

** Plus other good news, Ive been pulled over twice now with the new exhaust, (NOT for the exhaust, for other dumb things) and they have said ZERO about the exhaust. Nothing about how loud, or why they can smell the gas because I have no cats. So thats a good sign.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

yea i want it loud. i didnt realize how loud my car was at wot with just the lm1's and stock midpipe. my father drove it tonight and was getting on it, he was about a quarter to half a mile away and when he stomped on it you could hear it. i cant wait..how much did it cost to get your headers and midpipe installed?

Quick Reply: mac LT headers and mac h-pipe